No announcement yet.

West Brom launch bid for QPR winger Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Fairness to TF he's not let us down in TX window before and always produces the goods so I'm hopeful unless our valuations are met or deals suit us then its no deal

TF strikes me as a bit of a gambler so I can imagine he's thinking meet our price or they stay and we have right go at promotion

Comment

Wish I had your confidence westy. I have always felt we will lose charlie and possibly Matty on the final day and nothing has changed for me. We will get our 15m but just not sure from who. I think a few clubs will be lining up personally
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I hope we hold our nerve WeAre. If they go fair enough but its got to be deal that suits us

I just can't see where either will go to as the clubs they are linked with have done business in the window in their positions. Will be interesting 48hrs ahead

Comment

In all fairness I think the mirror story is just papers stirring and going with obvious transfer speculation. A lot of people expected both matty and Charlie to be gone now and are probably surprised they are still here.
          As others have pointed out Marty and Charlie's wages compared to others Are not massive. Hoilett eclipses them both as does green.
          I really can't see tf screwing us or les dropping his trousers last minute. As said before the club know keeping them could be worth 100 mill next year and we stand a much better chance getting that if they are still with us. I also 100% believe we will reinvest the money or have a decent back up plan if we do sell the players in question last minute.

Can see the club getting two season long loans for a a and gayle with options to buy if we got promoted which would be excellent business.
          Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 31-08-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Maybe they've called our bluff though. Maybe we need one of our star players sold to balance the books. If so it's a buyers market all of a sudden!
            Wrote of four Charlie Austins last season, doubt they are worried about any book balancing if nobody offers the full amount tarbs.

Comment

This is in the wrong section but I can't delete it for some reason :(

If anybody ever knows the damage selling your greatest scoring striker does to a club it has to be Les Ferdinand. Once we sold him to Newcastle(?) we never recovered and went on our jolly way down to league 1 in due course over the years.
              I'm confident he'll do what he can to keep Charlie.c
              Last edited by Kevster269; 31-08-2015, 10:52 AM.
              2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                If anybody ever knows the damage selling your greatest scoring striker does to a club it has to be Les Ferdinand. Once we sold him to Newcastle(?) we never recovered and went on our jolly way down to league 1 in due course over the years.
                I'm confident he'll do what he can to keep Charlie.c
                Yep very true... Or at least have a decent replacement lined up for him.

I was SO convinced he'd be gone by now (along with Phillips/Fer/Sandro). Just can not believe its got to this stage of the window and he's still here, absolutely amazed!!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not just Les G F went to Spurs Wilkins crap signings Trever went to WHU shortly after Wilson Impey about that time then Pinky and Perky came in from Arsenal more crap followed then they sold the QPR institution that was Mc donald '
                  No not just Les going

Comment

I agree Dogsrrs not just Les, but once the goals dried up we floundered and then became every clubs bargain basement. Like you point out, all our best players went in short order but I think they saw the writing on the wall regarding the club selling our best asset/s and followed suit. And of course Square Ball Wilkins turned up....nuff said!
                    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Cant agree stain mate, the club have already turned down two 'cheeky' bids already for both players from leicester and wba. If they were desperate to sell and ready to break now, why didnt they break back then?
                      Mate, believe me I hope you are right and nothing would make me happier than being made to look a prize chump as the transfer window slams shut with all our star players still here. But if we don't want them sold there was a very simple statement we could have made back in May: "They are not for sale." By putting prices on their heads - and Ramsay and Les talking about their possible departure every two minutes - we have stoked a summer of transfer speculation. Chris in particular has been frank - perhaps too frank - and said we NEED to sell players. So the only question remaining is whether we play hard ball and stick to our valuations or whether last minute with Austin in particular - and the prospect of losing £15m odd - we trim our demands.

As for suggestions by some fans - not you - that we off-load other high earners instead, well yeah, great idea, but first find your club willing to pay Junior Hoillet 50 big ones a week.

Comment

Although its not guaranteed of getting promotion surely we should be looking to keep Charlie and Matty and get them to sign new deals that rewards them staying but also give them an option of moving in January with triggered valuations for moving on. This will give us half the season to see how we fair but also give them both time to shine and score goals and have clubs queueing for there signatures. My only concern is with Charlie not being in the England squad he will want to move on

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Mate, believe me I hope you are right and nothing would make me happier than being made to look a prize chump as the transfer window slams shut with all our star players still here. But if we don't want them sold there was a very simple statement we could have made back in May: "They are not for sale." By putting prices on their heads - and Ramsay and Les talking about their possible departure every two minutes - we have stoked a summer of transfer speculation. Chris in particular has been frank - perhaps too frank - and said we NEED to sell players. So the only question remaining is whether we play hard ball and stick to our valuations or whether last minute with Austin in particular - and the prospect of losing £15m odd - we trim our demands.

As for suggestions by some fans - not you - that we off-load other high earners instead, well yeah, great idea, but first find your club willing to pay Junior Hoillet 50 big ones a week.
                          I think they will both go mate, but at the asking price and no discounts. Hopefully for us fans, that will be with players plus cash. Cos losing them and not getting players in will be horrendous. Chas to Palace for six to eight million plus Gayle would be the dream for me. Chery and Gayle together would get us up imo, same as Chaz and Chery would.

Comment

Wrote of four Charlie Austins last season, doubt they are worried about any book balancing if nobody offers the full amount tarbs.
                            Which is why he can't afford to write off too many more. When Fernandes took over it was reported his total wealth was 250/300m. Since then shares in his airline have plummeted. He is hugely richer than any of us but he is no Abromavich. If we had off-loaded Sandro, Fer and Green not to mention a couple of the wasters it might have been different but the club have admitted that they need to re-coup some money.

Comment

I think they will both go mate, but at the asking price and no discounts. Hopefully for us fans, that will be with players plus cash. Cos losing them and not getting players in will be horrendous. Chas to Palace for six to eight million plus Gayle would be the dream for me. Chery and Gayle together would get us up imo, same as Chaz and Chery would.
                              But Pardew has already said they are no longer in for Austin, they have Wickham, so that deal is not going to happen. Only prospect of Gayle imho is as a loan but suspect there might be some prem interest. Am sure there will be a replacement but probably a loan. There are players out there who would do the job. If we keep Chery, Fer and ideally Philips our system is set up to lay on goals for a number nine and a Hooper/ Danny Graham type player should be able to bang in 20 goals for us.

Comment

Matt philips deal close

according to sky sports.

Sky Sports News HQ @SSNHQOfficial
                                BREAKING: Sky Sources: #WBA and #QPR are close agreeing a fee for winger Matt Phillips, and is expected to join the Baggies before deadline.

Madness if true.

if uncle tony caves in, we could be sacrficing our position in the league unless the money is re invested in a quality rw.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X