Fer and Sandro both set to stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
    Bit like your in laws staying.......somewhat annoying!
    They're like fish, mate. Start to smell after three days

Comment

Keeping Sandro is the key. We keep him, our defence is better and we need less goals to win games. I would rather we kept him than Fer or Phillips.

Comment

If Sandro stays and is fit we are laughing.

Sandro tozer/faurlin

Phillips/fer luongo chery

Immense midfield with jet, mackie, gladwin, Henry and doughty as back up.

Comment

Having a bit of a tiff with Mr. David McIntyre over his inaccurate headline which suggested that the clubs had held a discussion over Leroy when his agent stated no talks have taken place and any suggestion of the sort is nonsense. Seems Dave doesn't like being proven wrong.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Fingers crossed they both go... Fer is a good player, to good for the championship and should be playing in PL or Similar. But, his wages, don't know if he has a relegation clause, I'm sure If he did we would try and keep him.
            Sandro can go wouldn't lose any sleep over him, on big wages, again doubt if there is a relegation clause in there, was unimpressed with him last year, injury prone, rarely played 90mins.

And, I think we are playing well enough, I think we need a bit of steel in the middle which neither of the above are. Think we should put a bit of trust in luango, faurlin, Henry, tozser and co.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I wouldn't be heartbroken if either or both of them left. Both very good players to be sure but in our new era of fiscal responsibility I think others represent better value when their contribution on the pitch is compared to their pay packet.

I'm much more concerned about losing Charlie and Matty Phillips.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                Fingers crossed they both go... Fer is a good player, to good for the championship and should be playing in PL or Similar. But, his wages, don't know if he has a relegation clause, I'm sure If he did we would try and keep him.
                Sandro can go wouldn't lose any sleep over him, on big wages, again doubt if there is a relegation clause in there, was unimpressed with him last year, injury prone, rarely played 90mins.

And, I think we are playing well enough, I think we need a bit of steel in the middle which neither of the above are. Think we should put a bit of trust in luango, faurlin, Henry, tozser and co.
                All the players signed when we got promoted had a relegation wage drop clause.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Why is there a need to get rid? Why have we signed players like luango, tozser and gobern if they have relegation clauses, just find it strange.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Why is there a need to get rid? Why have we signed players like luango, tozser and gobern if they have relegation clauses, just find it strange.
                    There isn't. Notice the lack of attention on the players like Fer and Sandro compared to Austin and Matty. My guess is that those two had promotion wage rises but no relegation wage drops.

Comment

There isn't. Notice the lack of attention on the players like Fer and Sandro compared to Austin and Matty. My guess is that those two had promotion wage rises but no relegation wage drops.
                      Maybe. Still would rather keep with the chaps we got. But if Fer was willing to give his all I would keep him. Stick him upfront
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Nasser, i hope you are right, but i am wondering how you know such details of our players contracts.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Wage bill aside, if neither of these throw a tantrum & they both knuckle down and want to play, there's 2 are absolutely brilliant players at this level. I'm not one to get carried away, but with these 2 starting games in in the middle surely our midfield is a country mile ahead of near enough any other in this league? Defence is a different question but hey ho
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good to see Fer stay and hope he comes back fit asap. Not sure about Sandro though!
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Wage bill aside, if neither of these throw a tantrum & they both knuckle down and want to play, there's 2 are absolutely brilliant players at this level. I'm not one to get carried away, but with these 2 starting games in in the middle surely our midfield is a country mile ahead of near enough any other in this league? Defence is a different question but hey ho
                              Reluctantly agree with this. After all the money we've p issed away their wage is incidental. Can't see Sandro- beast, my a rse- stepping up to the plate or being fit, but Fer, behind Charlie, could be a revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X