Ramsey says.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    if we lose Charlie and Matty last minute that we will be looking to use the loan market when the window closes.
    Don't like the sound of that. Would want to know 100% we have replaced these two properly ASAP.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...cting-9959339?
    Gordon Bennett Maids that's all he can do if they do a Remmy will have to have someone come in to help out

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Gordon Bennett Maids that's all he can do if they do a Remmy will have to have someone come in to help out
      I know what you mean mate. Was hanging on to hope thought that the club have some back ups or irons in the fire of the worst case scenario does happen.
      My concern is that some other clubs pip players like aa, gayle, hooper ect on perms and we really are scrapping the barrel in the loan market.
      Club need to be 100% sure they have some decent replacement lined up or imo if we sell Matty, Charlie , Sandro and for and don't replace them properly we definitely are waving the white flag for mid table.
      I'm still a believer of we keep the above mentioned or get some decent replacements in this could be a very special season. It's deadline day nerves mate I'm all over the place lol.

Comment

Although I am a positive person and have always fought our corner in arguments of us doing well in the prem !!!!!!!! I just hope too many don't get carried away with our reasonable start and talk too much about us winning the league or just going up, so far we have played Rotherham (bookies favs to be relegated), Charlton ( bookies favourites to be relegated), Huddersfield( one of 3 teams the bookies believed to fighting the 3rd relegation slot), Cardiff ( top 10) Wolves (top6). If our defence doesn't get tighter we will find it very difficult to contain the better teams in the division and if Charlie & Matty leave we won't have the fire power to get us out of trouble either. I think a top 10 finish this season would be respectable and if we managed to get to the top 6 that will be a massive bonus in a season we are looking to re build.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I know what you mean mate. Was hanging on to hope thought that the club have some back ups or irons in the fire of the worst case scenario does happen.
          My concern is that some other clubs pip players like aa, gayle, hooper ect on perms and we really are scrapping the barrel in the loan market.
          Club need to be 100% sure they have some decent replacement lined up or imo if we sell Matty, Charlie , Sandro and for and don't replace them properly we definitely are waving the white flag for mid table.
          I'm still a believer of we keep the above mentioned or get some decent replacements in this could be a very special season. It's deadline day nerves mate I'm all over the place lol.
          I'm sure they have people in mind but walking on tight rope of a budget they have to sell 1st then fit in a medical and will have agents fart arsing about want this wanting that trying to play things their way due to the clock ticking , I think that's what he's getting at

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Is Hooper still available btw, someone said he was going to Sheff Wed? Agree with you btw, keeping people on standby is exactly how it works. Bit like a house chain, lots of moves depend on another.
            For a run of the mill player without options sure, but what I said is for a top quality replacement. We may say to Gayle (etc) exactly that, but you can be sure Gayle's agent will be listening to offers elsewhere. Come deadline day, if Austin goes, Gayle may no longer be interested. Players always spout the "the club made me feel wanted" malarkey but it does ring true.

Selling a player is nothing like selling a house, a house wont suddenly turn around and say "nope, dont fancy that anymore".

Comment

If some clubs come in to buy Austin or Phillips it would be panic buys for them.
              They could have bought before the season for 15 and 10 but did not.
              Nobody will sign Sandro but might take the gamble by taking him on loan.
              Fer flopped his medical so if somebody comes in for him it will be in panic.
              So if Austin and/or Phillips leave, why should we panic ourselves.
              I believe the club would be doing it right by using the loan system, then using some of the money in January.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                If some clubs come in to buy Austin or Phillips it would be panic buys for them.
                I believe the club would be doing it right by using the loan system, then using some of the money in January.
                Agree with everything as it makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                  Absolutely agree. there are always players available for us in that loan period who can have clauses set too.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                    This should of been sorted by now
                    Simple as that yeah? This isn't football manager.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2