Ramsey says.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey says.....

if we lose Charlie and Matty last minute that we will be looking to use the loan market when the window closes.
    Don't like the sound of that. Would want to know 100% we have replaced these two properly ASAP.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...cting-9959339?

To be fair to Ramsey, I think he's been quite shrewd so far with his quotes. I'm actually beginning to trust him and LF to have a plan and a vision for our future....we'll see!!
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Mate, this is what I have been trying to tell you and a few others all transfer window. The idea that we were ever going to buy a Rhodes or a Gale was always fans fantasy land. We are in a new era and we are going to be doing it much, much cheaper from now on. The last three or four years were an unsuccessful experiment and now, rightly or wrongly, it is back to the old Rangers shoestring way.

Comment

Yes, think we are starting to play the game off the field way better than before...
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Sadly as a club we have put ourselves in to this position. We can try and plan to make this as easy as possible. But in reality we are up to our eyes in debt. We will just have to see what happens and be glad the club are willing to talk about worse case

Comment

If I was Ramsay I would've said as it's so late in the window now, the price of our players have gone up.

Comment

Thats what the window is for myu, clubs to sign players on the last day cos they know what they need, what if we go to sign players and all the clubs said that to us?
              Price is the price, of someone meets those prices, it makes no difference first day of the window or last to the buyers, just means we will have to work just a wuick as them tuesday.

Comment

A top quality replacement will simply not want to be put on "standby" until the last min in case Austin/Phillips/etc go, it just doesnt work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  A top quality replacement will simply not want to be put on "standby" until the last min in case Austin/Phillips/etc go, it just doesnt work like that.
                  Thought thats exactly how it works to be honest.

"Excuse me Mr Hooper (etc), word in your shell like, if we lose our star striker on deadline day would you be interested in joining us last minute? If so, then be prepared cos we are coming at ya.'

Comment

This should of been sorted by now
                    R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                      It's a difficult situation to be fair.

Comment

I guess my question is, IF we do sell Charlie, Matty and Green. Will the club still say they have no money? If we could hold on to a top 10 place until January(unlikely, but still need to entertain the thought), will they still keep the consolidation mindset and not go for it? Will they still say we have no money and use the 25m pounds to pay off debt or themselves? I'm curious if we get this money, how they approach it? I want them to all stay obviously as it isn't my money but I realize they have poured a shipload of money into the club and are looking for some sort of return.

Comment

Nature of the beast means we couldn´t. Not without letting them go on the cheap...
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Could you email every prem club and tell that to them please. Cos they are the ones doing us up not giving us fifteen million for our for sale striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Thought thats exactly how it works to be honest.

"Excuse me Mr Hooper (etc), word in your shell like, if we lose our star striker on deadline day would you be interested in joining us last minute? If so, then be prepared cos we are coming at ya.'
                              Is Hooper still available btw, someone said he was going to Sheff Wed? Agree with you btw, keeping people on standby is exactly how it works. Bit like a house chain, lots of moves depend on another.

Comment

Working...
                              X