At what time will we cave in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what time will we cave in

What time do you think our board will cave in and except less for our main sales Charlie, Matty, Fer , always had a feeling they they'll cave in and sell for less than we've been asking, hope they don't and really stick to their guns and will not move on the prices they've been asking £15M C.A. £10M M.P. and our money. Back on Fer around £8M and if no one matches those values they all have to stay, sadly I believe their agents will manufacture a deals away for them all.

5.57 lol

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      5.57 lol
      Nah 5.55 pm
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

about 14:32 i reckon... that said, i'm not sure anyone is actually after fer (or sandro)

Comment

Chas will go with several hours to spare, Phillips will go last minute, Green with 24 hrs or so to spare, and Sandro, if he goes (I think he will), will go on loan. Fer stays to January-he's still weeks away from fitness. Traore might go on to a League 1 club if we give him a lump sum to b***er off (I think he'll stay), and Hoillet could go on similar terms-he will probably end up in a 'Mickey Mouse' league somewhere like the US or Middle East.

As for who comes in, a 'dodgy' back-up keeper, Angella, a top League 1 striker or winger (not both), and then we'll use the loan market (disastrously as usual). Still finish mid-table.

Comment

Not sure "anything less than £15m/Austin, 10m/Phillips, 8m/Fer" should be seen as "caving in". That's a really unhelpful attitude to take.

We should take any deal we think is in our best interests. If that means selling Austin for £9m tomorrow rather than seeing him go for free next summer, fine. We're hardly in the financial position to #### away a £10m+ asset for the sake of finishing 6th rather than 16th.

Matt Phillips is never worth £10m, even if we were in a much stronger position. If anyone pays us that they're bonkers.

Comment

Some of our own people just want us to £@&k up so they can say" I told you so"
              Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                Some of our own people just want us to £@&k up so they can say" I told you so"
                Sadly true
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  Not sure "anything less than £15m/Austin, 10m/Phillips, 8m/Fer" should be seen as "caving in". That's a really unhelpful attitude to take.

We should take any deal we think is in our best interests. If that means selling Austin for £9m tomorrow rather than seeing him go for free next summer, fine. We're hardly in the financial position to #### away a £10m+ asset for the sake of finishing 6th rather than 16th.

Matt Phillips is never worth £10m, even if we were in a much stronger position. If anyone pays us that they're bonkers.
                  I understand what your saying but our DOF & Ramsey keep giving all the BOLL()Cks about they can't leave if the asking price isn't met, so it would be a cave in if they don't get what they've been saying all along ,and personally would rather C.A stay and go on a free because I think his goals would put us in the mix up for promotion & if promoted he might sign a new deal and STAY, never thought Phillips is worth £10M but they kept saying that or no deal lets see if they've got the balls to stick to their word!!!!!!

Comment

What if we finish 6th and win the playoffs (25% chance)? Would it be worth it then?

How about for the sake of finishing 2nd instead of 12th?
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      I understand what your saying but our DOF & Ramsey keep giving all the BOLL()Cks about they can't leave if the asking price isn't met, so it would be a cave in if they don't get what they've been saying all along ,and personally would rather C.A stay and go on a free because I think his goals would put us in the mix up for promotion & if promoted he might sign a new deal and STAY, never thought Phillips is worth £10M but they kept saying that or no deal lets see if they've got the balls to stick to their word!!!!!!
                      Yep for once TF shouldn't be blamed for running his mouth off - seems the £15m thing is squarely on Les/Ramsey (probably more Les as he's in charge of this sort of thing).

Comment

Yep for once TF shouldn't be blamed for running his mouth off - seems the £15m thing is squarely on Les/Ramsey (probably more Les as he's in charge of this sort of thing).
                        ok maybe the question should be rephrased,

at what time will tony step in and over-rule les and chris and flog charlie for less than les's price tag.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Can I just say, its a joke that we should accept any less, the club is aware and almost certainly won't accept less and putting out messages like this on boards hardly helps show us in a positive vein either. You need to understand that we have spent all summer forcing clubs to play their hands because we do not need to do otherwise. It will not be us panicking tomorrow for once. It will be everyone else. You know why Adomah hasn't been official yet? Same for Vydra? Its because we have those deals sorted, ready and waiting on these players. We do not need to buy the others until we sell these guys and we will not be taken for chumps on our valuation; especially when a sh1t player like Borini can go for 10mil.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Can I just say, its a joke that we should accept any less, the club is aware and almost certainly won't accept less and putting out messages like this on boards hardly helps show us in a positive vein either. You need to understand that we have spent all summer forcing clubs to play their hands because we do not need to do otherwise. It will not be us panicking tomorrow for once. It will be everyone else. You know why Adomah hasn't been official yet? Same for Vydra? Its because we have those deals sorted, ready and waiting on these players. We do not need to buy the others until we sell these guys and we will not be taken for chumps on our valuation; especially when a sh1t player like Borini can go for 10mil.
                            Hope your right but two huge assumptions there

Comment

Dont think les will ruin his whole reputation by buckling on the last day. Ask yourself this, would his mentor (Levy) dream of putting a price on a players head and retracting and letting the player go cheaper on deadline day. Never, never ever ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X