Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a win look like for Tony and Les?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a win look like for Tony and Les?

Beyond keeping all of our current players, Tony and Les will come out looking like they've REALLY done their jobs if the following happens:

• We are able to replace Charlie with a proven, Gayle-like striker if Man U or another suitor meets the $15m price tag
    • We retain Matty, Green, Sandro and Fer -- latter two, with great natural ability, have much to prove to rekindle their careers
    • We successfully sign Gabriele Angella to reinforce, if not power, our CB lineup
    • We ship out both Hoilett and Traore as a signal the club has truly turned the page on mediocity

On the other hand, opinions will quickly go south if we lose Charlie without a replacement; and Matty and Green because we want to put more money in the bank.

This team IMO clearly has a shot at competing for promotion this year, and it's incumbent on management to give CR a fighting chance to prove that.

It's going to be a wild 36 hours ahead.
    Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 31-08-2015, 04:04 AM.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Beyond keeping all of our current players, Tony and Les will come out looking like they've REALLY done their jobs if the following happens:

• We are able to replace Charlie with a proven, Gayle-like striker if Man U or another suitor meets the $15m price tag
    • We retain Matty, Green, Sandro and Fer -- latter two, with great natural ability, have much to prove to rekindle their careers
    • We successfully sign Gabriele Angella to reinforce, if not power, our CB lineup
    • We ship out both Hoilett and Traore as a signal the club has truly turned the page on mediocity

On the other hand, opinions will quickly go south if we lose Charlie without a replacement; and Matty and Green because we want to put more money in the bank.

This team IMO clearly has a shot at competing for promotion this year, and it's incumbent on management to give CR a fighting chance to prove that.

If we keep austin that will be a bigger win than any of the others to be honest.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

A win for Tony is far from clear. For fans it is to tick as many of those boxes as possible that you have just identified - but Tony needs to weigh that against bringing in a few pound notes...

Comment

I so wished we had a 20m price tag on him from the start.

Comment

Working...
        X