West Brom launch bid for QPR winger Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Why would it be madness or a shock? Mattys been for sale since the second we were relegated. Dont get it.

What is Hull call us oh yes DramaQPR

Comment

adomah i guess. bags of pace and skill but cannot cross a ball for toffee, guess that has made poulter redundant if that happens.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        I've melted down.
        ...Me too 77....Me 'ead's gone already, I'm bag of nervous anger....my poor missus don't know what to say or do!!

Comment

We were told by Rambo that Matty was not going to be sold just after we were relegated, he was one we planned to keep .......Things change in football I spose

Comment

Is that for sure dave?
            Honestly dont remember that, thought the club went round fer, austins and mattys houses with the 'for sale' signs the second it was mathematical we were relegated.

Comment

When we went down everyone was up for sale. The 'new' way of doing things meant if theres a big enough offer on the table the club would take it, no matter who the player was.... All about saving pound notes.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

So Adomah's crosses are not the best then? A bit crucial for a winger to put a good ball in. Always thought that was a strength of Matty's.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                  So Adomah's crosses are not the best then? A bit crucial for a winger to put a good ball in. Always thought that was a strength of Matty's.
                  Where else have you have heard that Adomah's crosses are macaroni apart from Dr Doom?
                  I can honestly say i cant recall ever seeing him play as i dont study boro games.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 31-08-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Just some stats here, last season for every 5.4 crosses attempted per game on average by Adomah, 1.2 were accurate with 4 assists coming from him. Just as a comparison to some of the 'top championship wingers' : Bakary Sako got 1.2 on a head for every 6.1 attempted with 7 assists; Matt Richie got 1.7 on for every 6 attempted per game with 17 assists; tom ince got 0.9 for every 4 attempted per game and had 1 assist; Nathan Redmond got 1.8 for every 7.1 attempted per game with 13 assists and finally; Michael Antonio got 0.8 for every 3.8 attempted with 12 assists.

I'd say he's up there as being a decent crosser with potential should he have the right target man. Either Charlie or Polter would bag goals from him if he were to join.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ah ok. Doesn't sound too bad then. Let's hope we get this over the line if Matty goes then. Better than relying on the loan market, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Is that for sure dave?
                        Honestly dont remember that, thought the club went round fer, austins and mattys houses with the 'for sale' signs the second it was mathematical we were relegated.
                        This is what I was thinking of Kev, Apologies for my memory not being spot on ....well read it for yourself

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...road_1_4113250

Comment

I've seen a fair bit of adomah, always thought he was decent player from his Bristol City days. Don't get why his crossing is being questioned.

One of the best wingers in the league, loves to get a early ball in the box and personally think is has a decent delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            I've seen a fair bit of adomah, always thought he was decent player from his Bristol City days. Don't get why his crossing is being questioned.

One of the best wingers in the league, loves to get a early ball in the box and personally think is has a decent delivery.
                            Yeah not heard his crossing was bad, as you say good early crosser..............Oh imagine him crossing for Charlie..

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              This is what I was thinking of Kev, Apologies for my memory not being spot on ....well read it for yourself

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...road_1_4113250
                              Nice one Dave.....Chris Ramsey should go in the clairvoyance trade, everything he said has come true so far. Would love to keep him, but if a prem club comes in with a good offer he will be sold. So far so good......Fingers crossed tomorrow, nobody has.

Comment

West Brom launch bid for QPR winger Matt Phillips

West Brom launch bid for QPR winger Matt Phillips by offering Victor Anichebe and Jonas Olsson in exchange.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-exchange.html

Comment

Working...
                                X