Hoilett and Traore offered free transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discodroid
    In the known cosmos, I cannot think of Two people who I would least like to Share a fox hole with.
    hahaha
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Oh joy!!!!!!! News of him leaving would be better than sex....... !!!
      What type of sex and with who?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
        What type of sex and with who?
        With anyone. Of whichever persuasion....

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          If we offer a free transfer, we don't pay their wages after the transfer.
          True but try convincing one of these 2 wasters to leave for a lower salary.

As a few others have said, the players are in the driving seat and are quite within their rights to sit tight and get paid over the odds until their contracts expire, much like SWP last season. If they are to go you can bet that they'll ensure that they aren't left out of pocket, whether that means they have to find a club that matches their earnings or we have to pick up the difference. In reality who else is going to match what we're paying them? As such, in this case, a free transfer really doesn't mean a free transfer. It means we'll have to pay to get rid of them!

I bet Tony is ruing some of the decisions he made in his first 18 months with the club. I'm sure him and Phil Beard had no idea at the time that the decisions they were making around transfers and contracts would have such long lasting ramifications for the club!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 31-08-2015, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Very bizarre decision leaving it until now to announce this. It's not as if we've been waiting to get people in before allowing it, we've not signed any players in similar positions for ages now. Should've done it then when there was more of the window available.

Only reason would've been to try and get a fee initially, but who was going to pay decent money for them?

Comment

wont be able to give them away....

Comment

Paper said swansea want toilett as a squad filler, fingers crossed.
                But if dunne and barton struggled to get a game of football with a club, then what chance has troare got? He's here to the death i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  True but try convincing one of these 2 wasters to leave for a lower salary.

As a few others have said, the players are in the driving seat and are quite within their rights to sit tight and get paid over the odds until their contracts expire, much like SWP last season. If they are to go you can bet that they'll ensure that they aren't left out of pocket, whether that means they have to find a club that matches their earnings or we have to pick up the difference. In reality who else is going to match what we're paying them? As such, in this case, a free transfer really doesn't mean a free transfer. It means we'll have to pay to get rid of them!

I bet Tony is ruing some of the decisions he made in his first 18 months with the club. I'm sure him and Phil Beard had no idea at the time that the decisions they were making around transfers and contracts would have such long lasting ramifications for the club!
                  Then again, there's an argument to be made about tying two young players down to longer contracts. I'm sure now the club wishes it had tied Charlie down to a longer contract. Charlie has realised his potential, Hoilett and Traore haven't.

When we signed Hoilett he came with a good reputation and loads of potential. No one could have foreseen how disastrous things would turn out. Traore came from one of the country's top teams, a young player that was rough around the edges, quick, could cross a ball, and could be coached to become a good left back. Both players had lots of potential and good futures.

Signing any player is a big risk. If both of them had performed like Charlie has, we'd all been moaning why we didn't sign them to longer contracts given their ages and potential. Can see why the club signed them to long contracts. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Paper said swansea want toilett as a squad filler, fingers crossed.
                    But if dunne and barton struggled to get a game of football with a club, then what chance has troare got? He's here to the death i think.
                    A French team would probably take Traore as he has Arsenal and champions league "pedigree"......

Comment

I can almost forgive Hoilett as he has tried but reached his potential while at Blackburn, Traore on the other hand is a mentally retarded #####.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

More chance of George Michael finding a nice woman to marry
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          More chance of George Michael finding a nice woman to marry
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

If the players get offered a deal on less money elsewhere there is also room for negotiation with QPR for a early release pay out too.

For example if hoilett is on 40 k here and get offered 30k somewhere else and is unwilling to leave because he doesn't want to lose the 10 k difference QPR can negotiate a pay out off the difference or come to some agreement.
                            That will be best case scenario for us as could still save us a lot of dosh and he's gone from the club as,e as traore.

Both poor professionals and bled us dry. Will be amazed if we move them on.

Comment

Hoilett. The mind boggles. Once in a while he really does the business - looks proper class.... then he goes on a (long) run on being utter shyte.

Traore. Again: once in a while he will skin a defence and send in a brilliant cross.... then he goes to shyte for a long period of time (but not as long as he's on the physio table).

Those couple of b&$tards have robbed the club blind. Only that filthy little gimp, SWP pulled a bigger one.

Comment

Bosingwa and Cesar another two that come to mind. Our we unlucky, stupid, or is this behaviour the norm in the modern game
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X