Sheff Wed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheff Wed

I know not QPR related as such, but they are going for it...£10 mill bid rejected for McCormack, signed 2 Watford players yesterday
    We don't need to spend those sort of amounts, as we have a great squad, but we should spend some decent money and go for it too

Mate there is some serious wedge in this league now. Championship clubs are more ambitious than most first tier leagues across Europe. Shef wed bidding 10 mill, boro had bid 12 mill for Rhodes, Bristol city bid 8 mill for gray and gayle with burnley buying eventually buying gray for 9. Plus Derby have spent some serious dosh.
    The league is mental and we need to get out of it ASAP or we will get stuck in it as there are more and more people investing in the league to take the gamble to go up and inherit the premiership millions.
    Crazy stuff nowadays.
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 30-08-2015, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Mate there is some serious wedge in this league now. Championship clubs are more ambitious than most first tier leagues across Europe. Shef wed bidding 10 mill, boro have for Rhodes, city for gray and gayle 8 mil with burnley buying for gray for 9. Derby have spent some serious dosh.
      The league is mental and we need to get out of it ASAP or we will get stuck in it as there are more and more people investing in the league to take the gamble to go up and inherit the premiership millions.
      Crazy stuff nowadays.
      Good post.....my thoughts too.

Comment

10 mil for McCormack

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Mate there is some serious wedge in this league now. Championship clubs are more ambitious than most first tier leagues across Europe. Shef wed bidding 10 mill, boro have for Rhodes, city for gray and gayle 8 mil with burnley buying for gray for 9. Derby have spent some serious dosh.
          Crazy stuff nowadays.
          I was thinking the same. Since when have clubs like Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday had 9 or 10m to spend on 1 player?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            10 mil for McCormack
            That's what I was thinking fordy. If I was Fulham I'd pack his bags drove him up there take the 10 and go and get gayle for 8. Luckily their chairman is a complete pleb.

Comment

we've spent the best part of £8.5m ourselves so far, albeit on 13 players.
              I suspect that may be close to £10m by Tuesday night and more if anyone leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I was thinking the same. Since when have clubs like Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday had 9 or 10m to spend on 1 player?!!!
                Big city clubs with a potentially high income especially in the prem. Worth a gamble to some businessmen.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

As we've found out spending money doesn't always mean success. I'd be pissed off if we spent 10 mil on McCormack. The way to go is finding players like Luongo and Chery, mad that Austin only cost us 3.5 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    we've spent the best part of £8.5m ourselves so far, albeit on 13 players.
                    I suspect that may be close to £10m by Tuesday night and more if anyone leaves.
                    Yeh but we've also recouped £13m+ on McCarthy and Sterling so it's all relative.

Not sure where Wednesday got £10m and be Bristol city £9m from?

Comment

Just a thought I wonder if the idea of a premier league 2 is being kicked about again

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Yeh but we've also recouped £13m+ on McCarthy and Sterling so it's all relative.

Wednesday have that tuna-man from Thailand,who is if not richest, but one of the richest man in Thailand

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                          Wednesday have that tuna-man from Thailand,who is if not richest, but one of the richest man in Thailand
                          I know they've got a lot of dosh these days. Just signed that Forestieri from Watford aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

True, but I think the Sterling money has been put aside to hopefully cover FFP

So Macarthy & Caulker money totals £5m, so we've a net spend of £3.5m (ish) so far.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Just a thought I wonder if the idea of a premier league 2 is being kicked about again
                              Looks like Sky might well take it up as they are losing more and more sports including football to BT.
                              They nearly lost La Liga as well but managed to rescue it at the last minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X