The right deal for Charlie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right deal for Charlie...

First, no one wants to lose the character, consistency, and goal-scoring power of Charlie. Do everything we can to keep him. If that's not in the cards, shouldn't we be encouraging a deal that doesn't leave us in a Remy-like situation again at the 11th hour.

Answer: cash + a proven player.

IMO, that best of those potential deals on the drawing board is Crystal Palace a la Gayle. Take $10m + Gayle.

If not, and a West Brom type offer comes in at $15m, where do we find a competent striker replacement in the waning hours?

would prefer murray if palace would let him go

Comment

Hope we got £15 mil and not $15 mil as that's only £9.75 mil

Comment

Palace ain't interested and Charlie won't go to WBA.

Mad Mourinho is my concern.

Comment

How much is Vardy worth? Prem team, England Squad, scoring.. I think we need to be more realistic. I'd be happy if we get 8m for him.

Comment

Gayle would be the only player i would be looking to replace Charlie with. Ill be pissed off if its Hooper on loan. Matty will be a little bit easier to replace as we have a few options Byrne, Adomah. Just hope they bloody stay, that front 4 could be special this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
              Gayle would be the only player i would be looking to replace Charlie with. Ill be pissed off if its Hooper on loan. Matty will be a little bit easier to replace as we have a few options Byrne, Adomah. Just hope they bloody stay, that front 4 could be special this season.
              i defo don't want money grabber hooper gayle for me or even rhodes
              TWITTER
              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

I would not trade at all as anyone that comes in would be a starter and could take time to settle which could have an impact on our league form. Any team that wanted him have had all summer to buy him and have not. Even he must see that?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  How much is Vardy worth? Prem team, England Squad, scoring.. I think we need to be more realistic. I'd be happy if we get 8m for him.
                  even though we already turned down an offer of 12m from Leicester?

Comment

For as little as that we might as well hang onto him and let him go on a free at the end of the year. I reckon with Charlie we go up this year!

Comment

So Leicester offer £12m, but you'd be happy with £8m? Really? If you were responsible for transfers you'd tell the world £8m and he's yours? Jesus wept.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I agree with the op.

If Charlie's to be sold we need to do it today or tomorrow or make it a package deal. As suggested 10 mill plus gayle would be a dream or 14 mill plus gayle on a season long loan with a option to buy if we go up.

Can't believe someone on here said they would want Murray over gayle just don't get that one bit.

Am very nervous we will get screwed last minute and there isn't a handful of decent strikers out there you can just go and get. At least with Matty we know there's the likes of Albert and Byrne waiting in the wings. Although I really hope Matty stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          For as little as that we might as well hang onto him and let him go on a free at the end of the year. I reckon with Charlie we go up this year!
                          Agreed. The right deal for him now is to stay with us and hopefully he will play in the Prem with us next year. IMO,
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

It's about the right deal for QPR not the right deal for Charlie!

Comment

The one I suggested, Artful ?
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X