No announcement yet.

I'll eat my words on Ramsey .... for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, we look good going forward and the team is still settling, plus we have players to come back. Feeling positive, let's see what now until Tuesday brings.

Comment

It's good to see patience

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
        The thing is Macca - Chery plays in that holding position so I'm not sure where that leaves Fer. If we hang on to Charlie and Matty and get ourselves the Watford centre back - I'm happy if Sandro and Fer go
        Chery plays wide left and switches often with Phillips on the right. Luongo is the one in that holding position behind the striker.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm reserving judgment. The decision to play boys against men on Tuesday night, was poor judgement, utterly disrespectful to both sets of fans and the Carlisle Utd team. As usual we bowed out against opposition leagues below us. If not for that wholly avoidable blip, there would have been scope to feel confident in CR. We shall wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
            I'm reserving judgment. The decision to play boys against men on Tuesday night, was poor judgement, utterly disrespectful to both sets of fans and the Carlisle Utd team. As usual we bowed out against opposition leagues below us. If not for that wholly avoidable blip, there would have been scope to feel confident in CR. We shall wait and see.
            So so so many other teams did the exact same thing, its the norm in that competition, the industry standard and most clubs want nothing to do with it. Hence the ticket prices and small crowds. So dont see your reasoning at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              So so so many other teams did the exact same thing, its the norm in that competition, the industry standard and most clubs want nothing to do with it. Hence the ticket prices and small crowds. So dont see your reasoning at all.
              Sorry, just can't get my head around this modern #### way of thinking. I'm old school, firm believer in the more games you win, the more success comes a club's way. Even if there's little chance of success, we should at least come away from a game feeling we gave it our very best shot, which we didn't do on Tuesday.

Comment

Smithies, Hill, Hall, Gobern, Doughty, JET, Hoilett, Polter and a few experience subs, not kids, just under performers
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                  Sorry, just can't get my head around this modern #### way of thinking. I'm old school, firm believer in the more games you win, the more success comes a club's way. Even if there's little chance of success, we should at least come away from a game feeling we gave it our very best shot, which we didn't do on Tuesday.
                  Someone invented playing the second string (not us) in the carling cup, and about 80% of clubs in the prem and div one do it now id estimate. Times change, football changes mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Someone invented playing the second string (not us) in the carling cup, and about 80% of clubs in the prem and div one do it now id estimate. Times change, football changes mate.
                    Indeed they did. The richest clubs who can afford to put out two teams full of quality invented that system. Meanwhile, the rest of us followed suit even though we can't afford to buy so much quality, and it's the same old clubs clean up on the silverware. Potty, completely potty.

Comment

Money changed everything. I remember the League Cup being just a shade less prestigious than the FA Cup. Remember our glorious Milk Cup run in late 80s? In the Prem the priority is top 4, champion's league and staying up. None will risk their best players in the league cup. If anything it is the mentality of the players that have changed. The players selected know the game isn't a priority and many half #### it. The fans know this and don't go to the game. D1 and 2 teams consistently knock off teams way above them.

The FA Cup is suffering also, though no where near as badly as league cup. Throw the UEFA cup into the mix also.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoR View Post
                        The FA Cup is suffering also, though no where near as badly as league cup. Throw the UEFA cup into the mix also.
                        Eufa cup winners now get champs league qualifier spot I think. Don't the other two get Eufa spots too?

Comment

why dont they make cup games more attractive by offering clubs extra league points for each cup round they reach?
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X