I'll eat my words on Ramsey .... for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll eat my words on Ramsey .... for now

I'll admit I've been one of those who believes Ramsey is not the man for the job so credit where credit is due.

Can't remember when we last won 3 on the bounce (did not care about League Cup) and easily could be 4. This while bedding down an essentially new team. In addition, we kept a clean sheet.

I'm willing to give Ramsey his credit for all of this. Hopefully confidence is building and the players will kick on.

Also, credit the scouts for what appears some good signings. Chery at 2M seems a steal as does Luango. Except for Yeovil, I haven't seen Hall play but quite a few on here say he's performed well. Got a feeling Gladwin will have his moments and hope all give Poulter some time.

Only word of caution right now is that we played 2 of the bottom 3 so far.

I hope we keep hold of Charlie, Fer and Phillips and go for automatic promotion.

I keep forgetting about Fer, looooool, once everyone's up to speed, this team will purr!
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoR View Post
      I'll admit I've been one of those who believes Ramsey is not the man for the job so credit where credit is due.

Can't remember when we last won 3 on the bounce (did not care about League Cup) and easily could be 4. This while bedding down an essentially new team. In addition, we kept a clean sheet.

I'm willing to give Ramsey his credit for all of this. Hopefully confidence is building and the players will kick on.

Also, credit the scouts for what appears some good signings. Chery at 2M seems a steal as does Luango. Except for Yeovil, I haven't seen Hall play but quite a few on here say he's performed well. Got a feeling Gladwin will have his moments and hope all give Poulter some time.

I hope we keep hold of Charlie, Fer and Phillips and go for automatic promotion.

Fair play for saying that mate.

Comment

His proved me wrong so far, but still somewhat sceptical about his appointment.

If we lose Matty and Charlie I doubt we can keep this momentum up, however if we hold onto them we stand a decent chance this season.

Comment

Unlike Harry, CR is personable and purposeful, unafraid to say when things aren't right, and utterly unsatisfied when players and/or the team doesn't play well. Got to like that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoR View Post

Still early days but 10 points from those first 5 matches is a very decent return. We have also played 3 of the 5 away from home.

I'm still evaluating what I think of CR as our manager but I have to say that I like the guy. I'm still a bit worried that he doesn't have that mean streak that all the best managers seem to have but so long as we are winning I am happy!
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                Still early days but 10 points from those first 5 matches is a very decent return. We have also played 3 of the 5 away from home.

I'm still evaluating what I think of CR as our manager but I have to say that I like the guy. I'm still a bit worried that he doesn't have that mean streak that all the best managers seem to have but so long as we are winning I am happy!

much the same here... he's a breath of fresh air after all the big name nonsense of the past few years, but i have no idea whether he has the presence to turn things around when we're in a hole. i hope he does (and i'm happy he seems to be doing well for now).

Comment

I said I'd reserve judgement until after ten league games....I stick by this statement of intent!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                    I said I'd reserve judgement until after ten league games....I stick by this statement of intent!
                    Same here I feel that we have to hang on 2 of the four that could be gone Austin Phillips Fer and Sandro to have a chance for a top six finish, Fer is one I would like to stay who is a guy who can score from playing in the hole behind the striker, which would help if Austin goes, we will see if CR has the tactical awareness to think that, we will just have to wait and see until after the transfer window closes.

Comment

The thing is Macca - Chery plays in that holding position so I'm not sure where that leaves Fer. If we hang on to Charlie and Matty and get ourselves the Watford centre back - I'm happy if Sandro and Fer go

Comment

I've jumped from he's right he's not right and he's right again so many times

What is nice is to have someone in charge that is honest has no agenda, is doing job because he really wants to do it instead of doing us a favour like Harry made us feel and who is not trying to keep all his celrb mates and journalists happy

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                          The thing is Macca - Chery plays in that holding position so I'm not sure where that leaves Fer. If we hang on to Charlie and Matty and get ourselves the Watford centre back - I'm happy if Sandro and Fer go
                          I would be happy with that that would be 2 of the four staying.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I've jumped from he's right he's not right and he's right again so many times

What is nice is to have someone in charge that is honest has no agenda, is doing job because he really wants to do it instead of doing us a favour like Harry made us feel and who is not trying to keep all his celrb mates and journalists happy
                            Bang on

Comment

Good to see some of the original moaners being a little more fairer towards Ramsey.

Still only 5 games in and we all know the next 3 days will have a massive impact in what the club wants to do this season. Hopefully we keep Matty and fer, Sandro would be a bonus and I still think Charlie leaves just hope we replace him with someone like gayle who will score goals.

But as someone said earlier I think somewhere between 10-15 games we will really start to get a idea about what we look like achieving this year but also who are competition will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X