Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next few days can decide our future for year imo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next few days can decide our future for year imo.

I know that's a hell of a statement but I genuinely believe it.

With the team squad we have now plus a couple of shrewd defensive acquisitions we are set up exceptionally strong to go back up.
    The great thing about our squad as it stands now it would mean imo that of we kept the majority of it together we wouldn't need a major overhaul next season if we did get promoted. We could go back up and pretty much play 7/8 of our team from our first 11 now and we would probably only need to add 3,4 or possibly 5 players as new signings. That is a far cry from the usual overhaul we like to have each summer.
    For the first time we could follow a Leicester, Southampton, Swansea, palace format and a Bournemouth one who I think will stay up.

If we can just keep hold of Sandro, fer, Matty and Charlie and have a real good crack at the league until January they might just see that it's worth hanging around until May, where they all have a great shout of getting us back to the prem and being key players.

Sandro faurlin

Phillips fer/luongo chery

Austin

We wouldn't have to change that imo. Add a bit of depth up top and concentrate on quality defensive signings and we would have a decent shout of stating up.,reckon we would be a hell of a lot more competitive than previous years.

The reason I post this so early is the board have a chance here to undo wrongs and get us back to the premiership fairly quick but in a completely different situation. Foundations laid, a fairly young squad and players who can step up and will play for the shirt.

SurelY the club can see this and will do all they can to hang on to the majority of the players above and even if we lost 1 or 2 we will replace them properly.

Just would be such a shame to lose players like Matty and Charlie when I really think of they give us 7/8 more months we will go back up.

Massive few days for this club and its future. Hope we go for it and make a real statement by keeping our key players.
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 29-08-2015, 07:41 PM.

Good post... I'm loving the Championship...

Maybe we can win the league.. And then stay here !!!

Comment

Said it all along...I just wanna be in a competitive league compeat ing
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Very nice post maids, and very true.

Hopefully we keep chaz ans matt, dont think anyone will be in for sandro or fer which could be massive for us.

If Philips/Austin go I hope we have suitable replacements lined up... I see Adomah and Gayle havent gone anywhere yet? If we get those 2 in we will still be a class act this season

Comment

You are obviously right in how you asess our status quo- situation, but "funnilly" enough I think the Board have planned for at least one season in the CC. The reason why I say so is that I think Fer, Sandro and at least one of Austin/Phillips will want to leave. Hence, I have to say that our position at the table is now better than what I and the Board probably did expect.
          Anyway, Your take on the matter might be the correct one. I would love that to be true. A keyword will be wages as we all know.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Keep em and play offs will be a minimum.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              Keep em and play offs will be a minimum.
              If we keep them and add this Watford CB then there is no excuses. Regardless of the club stating we would buy young from lower leagues we have only done that with Mass and Gladwin. Other than that we have brought in experience. If you look through the team they are all with Prem and promotion experience. Add Tozser and Angella who were instrumental players in Watfords promotion campaign thats even more. As i said no excuses.

Comment

Phone the club and tell them.....no excuses

Comment

I think we could replace Phillips with Byrne or Adomaoh even Morrison? Austin is the one we might struggle with, but I am sure the lads have something planned.
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Tuesday may prove to be frustrating, what time does the window close?

Comment

Phone the club and tell them.....no excuses

Yes okay

Comment

Tuesday may prove to be frustrating, what time does the window close?
                        6pm I think

Comment

This is what not only winning, but playing together to win, brings. Like all that's posted here. Also enjoyed again CR's statements after the game; he's real, he's straight, and he's far from satisfied. Go Rangers....

Comment

Hopefully board are on the phone as we speak saying given the start we have made let's have a proper go at this and keep what we have add a CB and go for it

Comment

Just hope that we are fully prepared should departures start happening
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X