Barton on Talksport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    If I had my way, knowing what I know now we wouldn't of signed him either. Waste of time and money.
    Bang on mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Love him or loathe him it's a very honest interview. He clearly still has a lot of affection (and good words) for the club and fans, and we're one of the first results he looks out for. He put that tw@t Durham in place too.

On QPR: http://talksport.com/football/joey-b...ut-chaos-club?

Full interview: http://talksport.com/football/joey-b...-150828164648?
      Decent assessment of the last couple of years to be fair!

Comment

Funny Joey how when the club want to lose its circus image ringleader Barton is the first one they want rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
          Funny Joey how when the club want to lose its circus image ringleader Barton is the first one they want rid of.
          Yep, his signing was the start of it all, I remember him holding out for other clubs to come in, I love Warnock but this was his worst signing, that said, I wonder if he was forced into these type of signings.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            If I had my way, knowing what I know now we wouldn't of signed him either. Waste of time and money.
            Really ?

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              I love Warnock but this was his worst signing
              Anton Ferdinand & SWP completely eclipse Barton in the shite stakes for me without question.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                Really ?
                Totally Fish. Certainly on 60 bags a week anyway. Do the maths. He's probably cost around 13m quid in salary alone, plus bonuses & signing on fee (and god knows how many millions they will come to) over the 4 years he's been here. Obviously we did loan him out for 9 months of that but I doubt we even got 50% of what we were paying him from Marseille. I'm guessing that his net cost to the club in the time he has been with us would be somewhere between 13 and 15m quid.

Yes Joey has put some shifts in for us, has battled hard and at times has been one of the few players who has cared in recent years but can you honestly say that he was worth having at a 15m price tag? What has he actually done to merit that? He was pretty awful in his first season with us and had Bolton been capable of digging out a win on the last day then his antics at City would have actually relegated us. Was he integral in our promotion season? I'm not so sure he was myself. Then you have to factor in all the off the field nonsense and the embarrassment he has caused us at times.

I understand why a lot of fans like him but to say you would sign him again knowing what we know now is baffling to me!
                Last edited by Tarbie; 29-08-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Really ?
                  100%. Decent player on the pitch but we could've got as good a midfielder with no hassle for half the money. Far more trouble than he was worth. Cheers for Wembley tho

Comment

He's agreed to much lower wages now at Burnley, which now convinces me that the reason we didn't renew his contract were for non-footballing reasons. Les has previously hinted at this too.

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                    I wonder if he (Warnock) was forced into these type of signings.
                    There's no question about that at all. Warnock's hands were tied due to lack of funds until the new owners arrived, by which time the window was about to shut and all of his first choice targets had been lost.

Comment

Really ?
                      He has admitted that he signed primarily for financial reasons. That says all you need to know about the difference between the club then and now.

Comment

Why was PB his "ally" - who was he stirring the pot against? CEO's/board members should NOT have that kind of relationship with playing staff. Wrong on so many levels. Generally average performances over the years, not bothered he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          Why was PB his "ally" - who was he stirring the pot against? CEO's/board members should NOT have that kind of relationship with playing staff. Wrong on so many levels. Generally average performances over the years, not bothered he's gone.
                          Probably because one of the first idiotic things Beard did was to help Barton negotiate a gigantic contract here. Think he is still grateful for that
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

he's on fletch and sav now , when we talk about wages , none of them are worth that . yaya toure £220 ,000 a week jesus there are people starving in the world and these blokes are put on a pedestal and adored for kicking a bit of leather about

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              he's on fletch and sav now , when we talk about wages , none of them are worth that . yaya toure £220 ,000 a week jesus there are people starving in the world and these blokes are put on a pedestal and adored for kicking a bit of leather about
                              True but my point was we could have paid a player 50% of what Barton was getting and expected more back. How much do you think Kevin Nolan was on at Newcastle and West Ham or Yann Cabaye at Newcastle? Bet both were on far less. How much do you think we were paying Ale Faurlin pre-injury? I bet it was less than half of what Barton was on and I know who I'd rather see on the team sheet!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                True but my point was we could have paid a player 50% of what Barton was getting and expected more back. How much do you think Kevin Nolan was on at Newcastle and West Ham or Yann Cabaye at Newcastle? Bet both were on far less. How much do you think we were paying Ale Faurlin pre-injury? I bet it was less than half of what Barton was on and I know who I'd rather see on the team sheet!
                                whoever got barton his contract did brilliant , its only speculation on what his wages were. apparently he owns 4 racehorses and he lives on the kew road in a gated property word is it cost obver 4 mill . very ordinary/limited players are all now millionaires

Comment

Working...
                                X