Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton on Talksport

Anybody else listening?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Giving us a slagging off?

Comment

I'm listening hardly touched upon us and when they have not said anything we don't already know

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Giving us a slagging off?
        I doubt it to be honest. When he left he was quite complimentary about us as a club and fans on Twitter. I don't think there are any hard feelings. He'll certainly get a good reception from me when he plays against us.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

A Rangers fan rang up and asked if he had considered re-signing for us and basically said no, he was a "close ally" of Phil Beard and he got moved on and so he saw the club going somewhere differently to how he imagined / would have liked. Said he left on very good terms but just agreed to move on to something new after shaking hands with Les and Chris.

Then was asked by Adrian Durham if we are as much a shambles as we seem from outside and Joey gave a bit of a round the houses answer but pretty much said, yes, we are. Said we've wasted so much momentum and money in recent years, that the training ground and stadium don't seem to be moving on. Ended it by saying that if he knew what he does now about the club then he wouldn't have signed for us in the first place.

Did say we have a great set of fans though and that Wembley will stay with him for a long time.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            A Rangers fan rang up and asked if he had considered re-signing for us and basically said no, he was a "close ally" of Phil Beard and he got moved on and so he saw the club going somewhere differently to how he imagined / would have liked. Said he left on very good terms but just agreed to move on to something new after shaking hands with Les and Chris.

Then was asked by Adrian Durham if we are as much a shambles as we seem from outside and Joey gave a bit of a round the houses answer but pretty much said, yes, we are. Said we've wasted so much momentum and money in recent years, that the training ground and stadium don't seem to be moving on. Ended it by saying that if he knew what he does now about the club then he wouldn't have signed for us in the first place.

Did say we have a great set of fans though and that Wembley will stay with him for a long time.
            If I had my way, knowing what I know now we wouldn't of signed him either. Waste of time and money.

Comment

Also said he don't think Austin will leave

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Also said he don't think Austin will leave
                Never liked Barton, but I hope he's right with regards to Charlie boy.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  Never liked Barton, but I hope he's right with regards to Charlie boy.
                  Agree.
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Fingers crossed he's right about Charlie. They were pretty close.

Comment

And that is why i am so glad he has left, his off fielld media work, twitter and web site takes away the focus from his football and the any club he is at.

TBF IMO would be the best MF at the club if he had stayed, but with so many distractions IMO he is just not worth it, it just stops the football club focusing and moving on.

Always gave his best, wish him well but not against us onwards and upwards - the bloke is just a distraction.
                      One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Love him or loathe him it's a very honest interview. He clearly still has a lot of affection (and good words) for the club and fans, and we're one of the first results he looks out for. He put that tw@t Durham in place too.

On QPR: http://talksport.com/football/joey-b...ut-chaos-club?

Full interview: http://talksport.com/football/joey-b...-150828164648?

Comment

A very good interview and he couldn't be more fair and honest with his assessment of the club
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Can't be bothered listening but wasn't as good as he thought he was but always felt he done ok for us. First season in the PL he was dire but good in the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Can't be bothered listening but wasn't as good as he thought he was but always felt he done ok for us. First season in the PL he was dire but good in the champ.
                              Worth a listen IMO Jimmy, even just to the 4 minute version posted above.

Comment

Working...
                              X