Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasphemy!!

Comment

I agree wth an earlier post on here that hes never had a descent CB to play with which makes him look poor A.Ferdinand, R.Ferdinand.S.caulker.C.Samba, played better with Dunne & Nelson, when they played, also was played a lot out of position by Redknapp & Hughes who kept playing him full back think the Chief is solid the only one with any pace and makes an awful lot of last ditch challenges & blocks

Comment

Never rated him tbf but been ok so far this season. Think championship his level.

Comment

He has to make last ditch challenges because he doesn't read the game properly, but you guys maybe tight regarding a proper partner, we will see, I hope you guys are right.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Think Ned has arguably been best player so far this season and has not put a foot wrong. Those that say he does not talk or lead next game watch him closely.

Does baffle me how people pick faults with Ned but are blind to how poor green is between the sticks and defend him at every opportunity.

The defence/keeper is the last line of defence perhaps it would bode well to look further up the pitch and see what is going on in front of them and how they get exposed before blaming defence and individuals
            100% SPOT ON.

Comment

Don't rate Onuoha as highly as most but think he's definately decent at this level and I would say he was better than Gorkks and Connolly and they were more than good enough to win the league at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Don't rate Onuoha as highly as most but think he's definately decent at this level and I would say he was better than Gorkks and Connolly and they were more than good enough to win the league at this level.
                Agree with that
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Agree he doesn't shout enough and rally the defence but ability wise - is by far the best defender we have

Comment

I think we miss dunne
                    R's

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                      Fingers crossed.

Cally you're being a bit unfair on Ned this season he's had to keep one eye on Perch as he has had to cover him for much of the time in the defence , but your opening point I can agree with in part he does need to play along side a brute of a c/b , last season he played along side a so called footballing c/b in Caulka and his clangers made ned a nervous wreck at times and did little for his confidence , and that makes me have doubts that Angella is the right type of c/b for us at the moment think I'd be happier with a blood and snot no nonsense c/b but saying that I know nothing of Angella other than what I've read

Comment

Interesting, I will reserve judgement.
                        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Think Ned has arguably been best player so far this season and has not put a foot wrong. Those that say he does not talk or lead next game watch him closely.

Does baffle me how people pick faults with Ned but are blind to how poor green is between the sticks and defend him at every opportunity.

The defence/keeper is the last line of defence perhaps it would bode well to look further up the pitch and see what is going on in front of them and how they get exposed before blaming defence and individuals
                          spot on fella - think it is all to easy to say "we concede too many goals, therefore the defense is sh!t"

think Henry hasnt been himself this season and none of the players we have actually played in that CDM/ CM role have been defensive midfielders.

Comment

Surely sandro will play instead of hendry
                            R's

Comment

I think when we have a settled side I think we will see the best of Onouha. Not his biggest fan but to call him the problem might be a tad over the top. He is our best defender but that is not saying a lot. Think when we have the best 11 the midfielders, defenders and GK should have a better understanding, I have banged on before about a DM who can get about, win the ball in Midfield, break up play. We haven't had this and it puts so much pressure on our back four who, in all honesty ain't the best. I hope it works out with Hall and Onouha as playing Hill is not the way to go.
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                                This is a civil debate, no tin hats required!
                                A civil debate? On this forum? Holy mother of cheese!!
                                For what it's worth I rate Ned as a defender, but not sure about him as a captain. I think he plays better with a bigger, more experienced CB alongside him.
                                That said, he's our first choice CB imo and has been the last few years.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2