Shaun Derry QPR story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry QPR story....

Was told a funny story today. Shaun Derry was late for training because of road works on the M25. Julio Cesar asked him where he lived. Derry said Kent. Two hour journey. Cesar asked Shaun why he came by car and not in his personal helicopter..... Derry asked Clint how much a helicopter would cost and Cesar said you could get one for £1M. Derry said he drove a VW Golf..... Says it all really, doesn't it? Derry also said that, having worked his nuts off for years to get into the premiership, he hated those two seasons because of the type of player that came in.... QPR in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Rangers77; 27-08-2015, 03:05 PM.

Haha. I would love to be able to sit down with the likes of Derry & Hill, have a few beers and have a proper open & honest conversation with them about what was going on at the club during those years. Obviously they can't ever come out & say it, but I bet they absolutley hated a few players we had there at the time nicking a living whilst the likes of those 2 grafted for nothing.

Derry always came across as a real top bloke & model pro, always gave 100%,
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Haha, thanks for sharing
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Haha. I would love to be able to sit down with the likes of Derry & Hill, have a few beers and have a proper open & honest conversation with them about what was going on at the club during those years. Obviously they can't ever come out & say it, but I bet they absolutley hated a few players we had there at the time nicking a living whilst the likes of those 2 grafted for nothing.

Likewise and the better thing is, they would love to have a chat and pint too.

They will be similar to the likes of Birch, Gallen etc in years to come, same type of person.

Comment

There were always rumours alot of the bad team spirit was caused by jealousy of the promoted players make of that what you will. Could be true or false

Comment

Sir Les is a qualified 'coptor pilot, just saying
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Was told a funny story today. Shaun Derry was late for training because of road works on the M25. Julio Cesar asked him where he lived. Derry said Kent. Two hour journey. Cesar asked Shaun why he came by car and not in his personal helicopter..... Derry asked Clint how much a helicopter would cost and Cesar said you could get one for £1M. Derry said he drove a VW Golf..... Says it all really, doesn't it? Derry also said that, having worked his nuts off for years to get into the premiership, he hated those two seasons because of the type of player that came in.... QPR in a nutshell.
              As you say QPR in a nutshell, good lad that Mr Derry
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I am not sure that derry wasn't part of the problem...warnock alludes to it in his book

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

They will come out and have their say, when they write their books, would rather have Derry in charge than the chuckle brothers

Comment

And Shaun Derry told this little story to who?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      They will come out and have their say, when they write their books, would rather have Derry in charge than the chuckle brothers
                      Glad your not in charge then

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        I am not sure that derry wasn't part of the problem...warnock alludes to it in his book
                        Really? That would surprise me. Thought he was one of his special little dependable soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                          Likewise and the better thing is, they would love to have a chat and pint too.

They will be similar to the likes of Birch, Gallen etc in years to come, same type of person.
                          I've met Clint a couple of times. I know it's a bit of a cliche but he honestly comes across like one of the nicest, most genuine fellas you could meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            I've met Clint a couple of times. I know it's a bit of a cliche but he honestly comes across like one of the nicest, most genuine fellas you could meet.
                            This.....such a down to earth man.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                              And Shaun Derry told this little story to who?
                              It's in Mike Calvin's new book

Comment

Working...
                              X