Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Sandro.

Think we are a centre back and Sandro away from a decent defence. Full back positions are ok.... Got a bit of cover at LB to come in as well. Hall is decent but probably back-up for now. Davies and a fit Sandro and we're motoring (IMO)

Comment

Agree, we're a CB short. Bearing in mind we let 10 GK & Defenders go in the Summer and so far only recruited 3

Davies would be good, but we'll only spend £1m+ if we sell someone IMO. Otherwise it's bargain basement or loan. Whatever happened to the Liverpool CB loan ? Llori ???

That any maybe bring Gerry Francis in short term (3 month) to coach ??

Comment

Defence has been our achilles heel for the best part of 5 years now. We continually go for the cheap options rather than spending on quality and solving the problem, hence the likes of Perch joining. You can't build a good defence out of freebies/.

Plus our coaching is obviously not up to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by très bon don View Post
          Defence has been our achilles heel for the best part of 5 years now. We continually go for the cheap options rather than spending on quality and solving the problem, hence the likes of Perch joining. You can't build a good defence out of freebies/.

Plus our coaching is obviously not up to scratch.
          You're right with your opening line, but I can't say I agree with the bti about going for cheap options.

£12m Samba.
          £8m(?) Caulker.
          Only a loan but we also got in a Copa America winning RB in Isla.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think it's do to with us being to attacking and the back four needs a bit more time to gel
            R's

Comment

I thing we are conceding so many goals because our defensive midfielder is not doing his job well enough - Henry should be backup.
              Sandro is the solution - if he can get permission and if he can stay helthy

Comment

Also green hasn't been that great so far
                R's

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  In the league we have scored for fun and once again Charlie is top scorer in the Champ so far but at the other end of the pitch its been a diff story to say the least!!

With our back four, on paper i would say that its a solid one with the additions of Perch and Konchesky so just interested to see people's views on why we have been conceding so many?

Is it just purely that we are now playing more open?
                  Because our back four (strongest back 4 this is) Is simply not good enough.

Nedum and Perch (Going forward) isnt poor. Still need another solid CB, but a top CB from somewhere... also missing Yun personally.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    Agree, we're a CB short. Bearing in mind we let 10 GK & Defenders go in the Summer and so far only recruited 3

Davies would be good, but we'll only spend £1m+ if we sell someone IMO. Otherwise it's bargain basement or loan. Whatever happened to the Liverpool CB loan ? Llori ???

That any maybe bring Gerry Francis in short term (3 month) to coach ??
                    He is still at the Baggies, but nothing is impossible.
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Sandro.

Think we are a centre back and Sandro away from a decent defence. Full back positions are ok.... Got a bit of cover at LB to come in as well. Hall is decent but probably back-up for now. Davies and a fit Sandro and we're motoring (IMO)
                      If we get Sandro back and he's not sold then we are laughing. Will boss the championship in that position if he doesn't break down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        You're right with your opening line, but I can't say I agree with the bti about going for cheap options.

£12m Samba.
                        £8m(?) Caulker.
                        Only a loan but we also got in a Copa America winning RB in Isla.
                        True, but Isla was faffed about and Samba & Caulker were disasters - proper flavour of the month signings. We've been crying out for a defensive leader for years and spunked our cash on 2 hype jobs.

Aside from that we've gone for low fees with the likes of Dunne, Nelsen, Luke Young, Simpson, Konchesky, etc. Not all of them were failures, but when you consider the money wasted in other positions we should have focused on building the defence a bit more. You don't need to break the bank either, someone like Huth would've done last year.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          If we get Sandro back and he's not sold then we are laughing. Will boss the championship in that position if he doesn't break down as well.
                          Well he is flying back tonight
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Two things:
                            1. Defence (and attack) is a TEAM responsibility. If you choose to throw players forward in search of goals you are bound to concede a few. Man Utd have played that way for as long as I can remember. Unlike our despised neighbours, who have tended to do the opposite.
                            2. It takes time for new defenders to get used to their defensive partners.

I'd say give it a bit of time. And don't complain if we continue to concede two but score three every match!
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

We need Yun and Sandro back asap

Comment

A few reasons. The defensive midfielder whether that's Henry or faurlin or gobern aren't mobile enough to act as protection in front of the back 4 so hence they're clearly be overall exposed. Another problem is a lack of leadership ie communication. I also don't see a partner being built up. As a centre half you normally have 2 centre half's with 'different' attributes. For me this really complements each other and covers defending against either pace or a battering ram. Some also comes down to fitness which we lack as conceded far too many goals in the last10 mins. Lack of fitness effects the mind so concentration becomes an issue in the latter stages.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X