Why are we conceding so many goals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we conceding so many goals??

In the league we have scored for fun and once again Charlie is top scorer in the Champ so far but at the other end of the pitch its been a diff story to say the least!!

With our back four, on paper i would say that its a solid one with the additions of Perch and Konchesky so just interested to see people's views on why we have been conceding so many?

Is it just purely that we are now playing more open?

Our defence is $hit.

Just look at the Rotherham goals, so so soft (especially the 2nd).

I like Ned, think he is quality at this level, and Hall also looks a composed player with potential. However, they haven't got a forged relationship understanding eachother's games yet and so our back line isn't a reliable unit, regardless of individual's ability.

Also, I think Perch is a decent signing but he hasn't started particularly well. Koncheskey has a good football brain but will get done for pace all day long.
    Last edited by MattyRangers; 27-08-2015, 12:07 PM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not just down to the players, coaching comes into it too.

Invest in this department, get the best as we can't afford to give everyone a first job.

Comment

Think were soft in the centre apart from Henry don't really have anyone that wants to get hurt so sides come through us relatively easy. Phillips, Chery and mass are not in your face players and Faurlin probably thinks twice before flying in given his history

Some won't like but I think we could also play the circumstances better too as there are times we should just kill the game and pull oppo player down take the yellow card and get 10men behind the ball but we rarely do it

Comment

I think a lot of it is to do with coaching... In previous promotion years, we were built from the back forward. CR seems to like to build from the front back!

Comment

Hall looks promising but don't think he is there yet. We need a commanding centre half. Ned is good but not what you would call commanding. We need someone in the tradition of Stevie Wicks, Bobby Hazel or even Danny Shittu who bosses the back line, shouts and organises. Also think Acton has a good point that there isn't sufficient cover in midfield. There also seems a basic lack of organisation in defence - not sure if that is more about leadership on the field or poor coaching.

Comment

If the transfer window shut today, would we make the play-offs with the back four we have?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                If the transfer window shut today, would we make the play-offs with the back four we have?
                Personally don't think so, no. We would be a bl00dy excitign team to watch though, winning and losign games 4-2 most weeks
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Aint got a clue why we are so embarrasing at the back, cos on paper hall, ned and konch are all good enough, wheres it going wrong??? Perch maybe?

Comment

This is is the most important challenge we've got. Believe the answer is both player and coach-oriented.

Need another CB -- that's an easy one given our lack of depth.

Keep Greeno -- Smithies and Lumley need seasoning.

Try to secure another RB to back Perch and Furlong -- though we could afford to wait there until the January transfer window.

Bring in an ACE defensive coach.

Do this, while keeping Charlie or Matty, and we're ready to have a helluva roll in the Championship this season.

Comment

CR is well aware of it at least.

Comment

Personally think after few more games we will look more solid at the back when everyone susses out each others strengths and weaknesses
                        Last edited by West Acton; 27-08-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

We need another commanding cb no nonsense to compliment ned. I like hall and actually as a back up think he's decent.. Want someone with championship experience like Davies from hull or Collins from West Ham.

Also lb and rb have been dodgeu though both are improving in all fairness. Loan Danny Simpson and yun to come back and we then have perch as back up to who can play across the back four.

We also have to remember the back four atm is completely new to each other and it takes a bit of time to get use to playing with each other.

Our dm need to be more on it as well..they are suppose to break up play and be a shield. Again I think we need a decent dm to compliment Faurlin.

Comment

I'm not sure we will get too many more players in before the end of the window... I think when the window shuts and throughout this season, we will be far from the finished article. Probably using this season as a platform for next! No more endless pots of money, once it's gone, it's gone!

I can't see us splashing out on a Curtis Davis type this season now, I think it will be someone who will just do a job for this season if we get someone.

Haven't been impressed with Konchesky at all! Think I would rather Kpekawa.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              We need another commanding cb no nonsense to compliment ned. I like hall and actually as a back up think he's decent.. Want someone with championship experience like Davies from hull or Collins from West Ham.

Also lb and rb have been dodgeu though both are improving in all fairness. Loan Danny Simpson and yun to come back and we then have perch as back up to who can play across the back four.

We also have to remember the back four atm is completely new to each other and it takes a bit of time to get use to playing with each other.

Our dm need to be more on it as well..they are suppose to break up play and be a shield. Again I think we need a decent dm to compliment Faurlin.
                              Sandro.

Think we are a centre back and Sandro away from a decent defence. Full back positions are ok.... Got a bit of cover at LB to come in as well. Hall is decent but probably back-up for now. Davies and a fit Sandro and we're motoring (IMO)

Comment

Working...
                              X