Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    From the minutes of the recent Lee Hoos meeting with the fan sites at LR:

"Our licence to sponsor foreign employees has been restored having initially been suspended after the Sandro situation transpired. Sandro has applied for his permit to return and the club is confident he will return before the close of the transfer window. But he has conditioning work to do having missed pre-season and will not be able to return straight to the first team."
    Amazing for an £8m player probably on circa £40,000 a week that the club don't think it worthwhile to spend a couple of grand a week on getting him conditioning work while out in Brazil. The rank amateurism is just jaw dropping.

Comment

I expect he's on more than 40K a week. Is the work permit issue the club's or Sandro's responsibility. If the latter, perhaps we aren't playing him. If he's getting paid, he may not be match sharp but he better be fit.

Comment

We should offer Chaz a deal like Dortmund did to Lewandonski a couple of years ago where he does the full season with a rise then he can leave at the end of that. This would give us a shot at promotion and also clear up the situation once and for all and would allow us to have a settled and competitve team in the championship.

Comment

^^^^^^ perhaps but what does it have to do with Sandro's work permit?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Amazing for an £8m player probably on circa £40,000 a week that the club don't think it worthwhile to spend a couple of grand a week on getting him conditioning work while out in Brazil. The rank amateurism is just jaw dropping.
            Just going to point out that we have sent him to work with Internacional out there from what I heard and I think I saw it on his Instagram that he was training with them to get up some fitness.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              It's actually really lol when you think about it. We played an illegal immigrant in the premier league for a year.
              But he was not an illegal immigrant

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                But he was not an illegal immigrant
                What's the issue with him then West? I thought he didn't have a valid visa?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Shambles.
                    Lol
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Absolutely bang on. Should've had someone out there making sure he's 100% when he gets back to blighty as expected.

Like as been previously mentioned, this is really dragging on, I wonder if something else is happening here, ie. we're not paying him while he's away and don't really want him back. Hope not cos I want him back.

Comment

I hope we've not been paying him, sell him asap and use that money to invest in the squad.

#thanksharry

Comment

Be very surprised if he plays one minute of championship football.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoR View Post
                            I expect he's on more than 40K a week. Is the work permit issue the club's or Sandro's responsibility. If the latter, perhaps we aren't playing him. If he's getting paid, he may not be match sharp but he better be fit.
                            By all accounts a grey area. Legally it is the responsibility of the individual but apparently football clubs tend to take care of all that stuff for players - as in all aspects of their lives - because they are generally too thick/ lazy / spoilt to do this stuff themselves. He did have a work permit when we bought him but when it came to renewing it, nobody did anything. Of course it would be absurd to say that Tony should personally have seen to it - and I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to suggest that - but it is having the correct structures in place so a club secretary or whoever it is monitors this stuff. You could maybe understand it in the 70s when foreign players were rare, but scores of our players in recent years must have had work permits.

Comment

By all accounts a grey area. Legally it is the responsibility of the individual but apparently football clubs tend to take care of all that stuff for players - as in all aspects of their lives - because they are generally too thick/ lazy / spoilt to do this stuff themselves. He did have a work permit when we bought him but when it came to renewing it, nobody did anything. Of course it would be absurd to say that Tony should personally have seen to it - and I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to suggest that - but it is having the correct structures in place so a club secretary or whoever it is monitors this stuff. You could maybe understand it in the 70s when foreign players were rare, but scores of our players in recent years must have had work permits.

Thats the most pain staking and embarrassing thing for me - That whoever s job it was, has 1) either not done it properly or 2) clearly not been educated on the properly on the job role!
                              Surely we would have to still be paying him if he has signed a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Just going to point out that we have sent him to work with Internacional out there from what I heard and I think I saw it on his Instagram that he was training with them to get up some fitness.
                                ... but not apparently the conditioning work that will waste several more weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X