Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think that sacking Ramsey could be a political hot potato because he is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want him originally not because he was black? But because I don't think he's up to the job, I don't give a #### whether the manager is Black or White as long as he can do the job? He isn't good enough and in all walks of life if your not normally up to doing the job you get the sack, so what the problem in sacking him? other black managers have been sacked, Ince and a few others, SO SACK HIM

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
      i love how you focus on Gobern rather than Luongo , Gladwin and Chery...at a combined cost of 5 Mill if Gobern was starting every game over them then maybe you would have a point but hey don't let that stop you...
      Course im going to focus on Gobern, Hall, Perch, Konchesky... This long term stuff is pure bull. We've just reigned in our ambition because it cost a hell of a lot with one, going backwards.
      Luongo and Chery are the pick of the signings, no question. But if it is truly a long term project then we wouldnt be signing the likes of Gobern and Hall.

All it is, is tight purse strings from the owners which is why we A) have a budget manager, B) have a new budget CEO who is best known for spending no money and C) are making budget signings.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Course im going to focus on Gobern, Hall, Perch, Konchesky... This long term stuff is pure bull. We've just reigned in our ambition because it cost a hell of a lot with one, going backwards.
        Luongo and Chery are the pick of the signings, no question. But if it is truly a long term project then we wouldnt be signing the likes of Gobern and Hall.

All it is, is tight purse strings from the owners which is why we A) have a budget manager, B) have a new budget CEO who is best known for spending no money and C) are making budget signings.
        not every signing is going to be a Marquee signing...the 2 you mention plus Blackwood are low risk..look at Henry when he signed ..hardly set the message boards alight but has ended up being an important first team player. if one Gobern, Hall and Blackwood ends up as a first team regular then they have cost nothing and on low wages and only 1 year contracts mean we can cut loose if they don't work..much rather this route than having SWP or hoilett who we can't shift cos no one else is stupid enough to pay them the wage we did.

Comment

Truth is TF isn't capable of implementing a long term project or any other kind of project. He's just full of fanciful promises that deliver nothing. Fact is we've gone backwards under him and it looks like we will continue to do so. Sad sad state of affairs.

Comment

its

its not tony fernandes fault,its les ferdinand who keeps on advising him
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

i love how you focus on Gobern rather than Luongo , Gladwin and Chery...at a combined cost of 5 Mill if Gobern was starting every game over them then maybe you would have a point but hey don't let that stop you...
              Lol
              Kept the faith!

Comment

not every signing is going to be a Marquee signing...the 2 you mention plus Blackwood are low risk..look at Henry when he signed ..hardly set the message boards alight but has ended up being an important first team player. if one Gobern, Hall and Blackwood ends up as a first team regular then they have cost nothing and on low wages and only 1 year contracts mean we can cut loose if they don't work..much rather this route than having SWP or hoilett who we can't shift cos no one else is stupid enough to pay them the wage we did.
                I think Hall looks ok, it all just needs time, Derby have spent more than us and haven't set the world on fire yet, I wonder if they fans are baying for Clements head? if we go back to spending millions on players that will be the end of us!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                  a black manager? Bearing in mind there are very few black and or ethnic minority managers in this country and there has been a lot of recent highlighting of these issues does anyone think that Ramsey will be cut more slack in case the race card is used at it were? Personally he could be blue and white hooped but the fact that he hasn't got a clue what he's doing should be enough for him to go but there you go.... Sir Les being black and his immediate boss and mucker must also be taken into account too...

I'm not looking for ludicrous rants as this is a serious question and I'm interested as to whether anyone else has a view???
                  He's Black????

Comment

yeh, because spending bucketloads of cash has worked so well hasn't it. your post reminds me of the moaning about signing clint hill, shaun derry, jamie mackie and co in the run up to the 2010-11 season.

we've gone from being a lot of people's second team to being one of the most hated teams in the country (maybe even the world?), all because we didn't do anything to a budget.

Comment

who are gobern and hall? i must have missed something

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        yeh, because spending bucketloads of cash has worked so well hasn't it. your post reminds me of the moaning about signing clint hill, shaun derry, jamie mackie and co in the run up to the 2010-11 season.

we've gone from being a lot of people's second team to being one of the most hated teams in the country (maybe even the world?), all because we didn't do anything to a budget.
                        Spending cash works on the right players, that what people like you forget. We spent money in the wrong places and on the wrong players.. nothing wrong with spending it on the right players.

Why are you obssesed with people hating us? I couldnt give two sh1ts

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

You don't need to spend bucket loads ..... .....how many times does this have to be emphasised ?
                          Do you love another team btw?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            You don't need to spend bucket loads ..... .....how many times does this have to be emphasised ?
                            Do you love another team btw?
                            ok... first up:

to which i replied:

it'd be great if we could buy amazing players for next to nothing or even decent players for the right amount. but i can remember how happy everyone was at the time with the signings of hoilett, caulker, even swp and how angry people were with the "lack of ambition" that the signings of hill, derry, mackie, furlong etc.

sometimes it just doesn't matter, players and clubs don't fit together... mbia managed 2 uefa cups in a row after he last kicked a ball for us, but he was still shocking when he was here.

second, i don't love another team/club. you only have one club that you love... you can have a 'second team' that you hope do alright and all that, but whether they win/lose/draw, you don't really care so much. what bugs me is that we used to be a team that had bags of goodwill... now we are almost universally hated. why? the antics of tf and co (and how they're depicted in the press) is one reason, but wanting a manager sacked after games is another.

Comment

Think some of you are being a little harsh on the OP, although I have to say i didn't agree with some of what he posted. I would be inclined to agree with his statement that Ramsey will be fishbowled more than most managers due to the colour of his skin - there simply are (and always have been) very few black managers in professional football, so the likes of Ramsey and Powell are trailblazers in many respects. With that comes a pressure of sorts. Conservely, he will be given more time than usual to prove himself...this will probably be because he's completely new to management, not because of his ethnicity.

As others have stated, he will (inevitably) get the sack for no other reason than because he is laughably out of his depth. He was never the right man for the job to begin with, regardless of race.

Comment

I actually think it is a fair question to ask and doesnt really deserve the stick you have got. I thought at the time with us having a black owner, it would be seen as a good move for us to have a black manager and now black DOF. it is quite a hot topic amungst the footballing world and think TF would like to see us as leading the way in that respect.

I am sure like 99% of other rangers fans, i couldn't care less what race anyone is at the club, as long as they were the best person for the role, but i do understand the question as this did cross my mind when we gave Ramsey the job permanently, because he couldn't have got the job based on what he achieved last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X