Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think that sacking Ramsey could be a political hot potato because he is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone think that sacking Ramsey could be a political hot potato because he is..

a black manager? Bearing in mind there are very few black and or ethnic minority managers in this country and there has been a lot of recent highlighting of these issues does anyone think that Ramsey will be cut more slack in case the race card is used at it were? Personally he could be blue and white hooped but the fact that he hasn't got a clue what he's doing should be enough for him to go but there you go.... Sir Les being black and his immediate boss and mucker must also be taken into account too...

I'm not looking for ludicrous rants as this is a serious question and I'm interested as to whether anyone else has a view???

No
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

What if les was the one to do the sacking

Comment

Embarassing question, but since you asked the answer is no!
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

As we all know, football is a results business, and the responsibility lays with the manager, who is usually a well-paid individual, and expected to achieve the targets he is set. If the manager fails to achieve those targets he is usually shown the door.

Ramsey should and will be judged on his results. It's nothing to do with skin colour. If he doesn't perform he, like any other manager, will be gone.

The race issue won't be brought up if he is sacked for poor results. The club will clearly be able to show his record if asked.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Err no . If/when he's sacked it will because he's failed at his job , not because of the colour of his skin . I suspect that seeing as the club have made such a song and dance about youth and Ramsey and building from the ground up he will be here for the foreseeable whether he's any good or not

Comment

He is not sacked because the club leadership put so much positive spin on his appointment and they are both ashamed to admit they were wrong (we got relegated dismally) and even more ashamed because they gave him a 3 year-contract that would be bloody expensive to pay up in lump so soon.
              They are still clueless and now also almost skint. That is why he is still in charge.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                He is not sacked because the club leadership put so much positive spin on his appointment and they are both ashamed to admit they were wrong (we got relegated dismally) and even more ashamed because they gave him a 3 year-contract that would be bloody expensive to pay up in lump so soon.
                They are still clueless and now also almost skint. That is why he is still in charge.
                I don't think that was the question Kirill
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  I don't think that was the question Kirill
                  I think the hint is in the fact that I did not mention his race
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Can't really be accused of racism against a black manager even if he was shown the door this morning.

Bloke may get longer cos he's les pal not cos he's black.

Comment

What an embarrassing post. We moan about the players, manager being an embarrassment to the club but maybe we should be looking closer to home.
                      "The World is Yours"

Comment

More to the point....does his relationship with the director of football make it difficult to sack him.

Comment

A bit away from the question, some fans need to realise we are not a big club. Asking to change the manager after losing 2-3 games is ridiculous.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                            A bit away from the question, some fans need to realise we are not a big club. Asking to change the manager after losing 2-3 games is ridiculous.
                            it stems further than this season though

Comment

The skin colour thing? Really? Ramsey will not be the first black manager to lose his job (if he does) and he certainly won't be the last. Skin colour is completely irrelevant. Embarrassing post.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2