Sandro Back in the next few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandro Back in the next few weeks

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand expects Sandro to arrive back in the country this month and confirmed he will be a part of the first-team squad.

The midfielder has been training with Brazilian side Internacional while waiting for a new work permit to be approved.

QPR failed to notice Sandro’s visa had expired at the back-end of the last campaign and the 26-year-old had to leave the country after playing without the right documentation.

Sandro started only 17 Premier League games last season after his £10million switch from Tottenham 12 months ago and seemed certain to be moved on to help reduce the wage bill.

But Ferdinand told Standard Sport: “Sandro will be back with us in the next few weeks. He has had to reapply for a passport and he should get that soon. He will be part of our first-team squad. We know what he is capable of and we need leaders on the pitch.”

The Evening Standard

Looks like he could be with us for the season. IF he can stay fit then he will be a massive boost. I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Sandro, Luongo and Faurlin at some point. Luongo can do the leg work, Sandro the dirty work and Faurlin can concentrate on starting attacks with his range of passing.

If we can hold on to Phillips and Fer then I might just beleive we can challenge for the playoffs!

Would love Sandro in the side. Hopefully he has been keeping himself fit (!?) in Brazil.

Comment

Would be a massive boost!!!!

Comment

Yeah his two or three games this season would be very beneficial. Do one sandro imo.

Comment

I think we would still love to get rid of him before the window shuts if we can. If WH wanted Barton but twitter said NO then maybe they will take Sandro.

Comment

Seeing you say that about Barton, i was thinking this last night, we as a club really have made some huge mistakes and been taken for a right ride as total mugs.
            Our last manager HR and most ever decorated player are now the face of football on telly just a season later, our (arguably) best player last season cant get a club and is working on the radio cos twitter told a club not to sign him. SWP earnt millions dong nothing at all and wouldnt go on loan and Traore looks to be following his lead. Sandro is a million miles away down to some silly amateur paperwork errors. Fer cant pass a medical, and Charlie and Phillips are being priced out of a move that they both really look like they are begging for.
            Some mad stuff when you think about it.

Comment

Would love to see Luongo alongside Sandro

Comment

Sandro would be a fantastic addition to the team.

--------Sandro----Luongo

---Phillips-----Fer-------Chery

Comment

Is he coming back via Calais?...

Comment

Originally posted by Athy View Post

--------Sandro----Luongo

Although I like this, i do think players who are the future of this club, Gladwin/Polter should be getting a chance ahead of the Fer's and Austin's who will inevitably leave either this season or next.

Comment

Originally posted by Athy View Post

--------Sandro----Luongo

more likely to be:

--------Sandro----Luongo

---Gladwin-----Chery-------Mackie

Comment

I'm hoping a buyer comes in for him myself.

Good player but he's always injured and he's bound to be on a packet! Not like we're short in that area either.

Comment

I can't get excited about him. Sure, he's a good player no doubt, but he's injury prone and, knowing our luck, will miss a large chunk of the season.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

does he want to come back and play in the championship is more the answer

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Would love Sandro in the side. Hopefully he has been keeping himself fit (!?) in Brazil.
                              Agree, he could be a massive player for us this season if he stays. Had started to show real quality in an unsung role last year when he got in the side.

As for the fitness in Brazil, not to worry, i hear he's been on the same training schedule Ronaldo used when he first went back, and Ronaldinho's been showing him the nightlife....

Comment

Working...
                              X