Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were Harry Redknapp and Mark Hughes so rubbish at LR but........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
    Redknapp has always been a fraud, that Spurs side he had could've done better under a different manager. They had some top [players, especially van der Vaart & Modric, who's genuinely world class.

Hughes is a good manager but our whole setup is rotten - our coaching, scouting, admin & general organisation is still in the dark ages. Hughes is as good as any current British manager but can't change the whole club and he also isn't the best in the transfer market and needed someone to veto signings like Johnson and Zamora. Under him we were 1 or 2 decent signings away from establishing ourselves imo.
    Yes, that's the really frustrating thing about our recent years. We had a great chance in summer 2012, but TF's (or Hughes's or whatever) insistence on playing Championship Manager 2008 totally screwed us.

I can accept last year. We fluked promotion and should have sacked Harry anyway, but even with a decent new manager I suspect we would have struggled. But 2012/13 should have been a year of establishing ourselves. And to be fair even in that 12 game winless streak we tended to look far better than we ever did last year under Harry. Just couldn't take our chances (goes back to needing that DoF who would have signed eg Michu or Pelle rather than Zamora and Johnson)

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
      Redknapp has always been a fraud, that Spurs side he had could've done better under a different manager. They had some top [players, especially van der Vaart & Modric, who's genuinely world class..
      I kinda agree with this bit....It was very noticeable in our last promotion year that we went from running away with the league to lucky play off winners and it all changed when Steve Mclaren left the club....He was the difference, not Harry!

Comment

No Redknapp fan but McLaren gets way to much praise on here. The team was struggling when he was here we just kept clean sheets and Charlie nicked a goal at the other end

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          No Redknapp fan but McLaren gets way to much praise on here. The team was struggling when he was here we just kept clean sheets and Charlie nicked a goal at the other end
          Agree with that
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Tony Fernandes. End of
            agree...was a big fan of him at first but I was so wrong...(which is odd because I'm never wrong).......tony "im still learning", tony who wanted 50% of WHU for free, Brady just laughed at him.......didn't hughes say he was involved in stadium planning, training ground etc and should have focused on the team....didn't hughes say buying so many players was a big risk (but TF knew better).......tony wanted names but didn't know football and has beens ie park ji crap. .....TF just flip flops... overspent then underspent. undermined harry bringing in sir les.... got no prob with les but it was a bad move. now he's sanctioned a kit with no hoops... it my mind he's gone from god to kn0b

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
              Look at teams like Swansea, Southampton even Palace now. All have great squads and will all be fighting for a top 10 finish in the Prem. Thats where we should be. All the money we had and we blew it, all because of Tony Fernandes wanting instant success. He's ruined us.
              All those above had a foundation in place and none of those 3 tried to build a premier league side overnight down to T F thinking football was a simple cake walk , just throw money at it and believe and trust everybody

Comment

Working...
              X