Trouble maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble maker

If you had a player that was a troublemaker but produced on the pitch and won you points, would you play him?

If it got me points, I wouldn't care how they come.

Adel Taraabt

Comment

Honestly? He's gone and so I thought had his endless threads.... Clearly not

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
        Honestly? He's gone and so I thought had his endless threads.... Clearly not
        Hahahaha. Point is, yes.

Comment

Not talking about Adel, there was another thread talking about Zarate, Vargas and others all trouble.

They all seem to be doing alright and scoring, so should these players play or not if they can score you goals?

Comment

I'd play him of course, but I would also fine him increasingly heavily every time he caused trouble. Is there a legal limit on the size of such fines?
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Yes, you have to play your best players.

Re. ex-QPR players... Zarate looked good for West Ham today against Arsenal today, Vargas was our best performer when he first came and only fell out with management or showed a bad attitude when Ramsey was messing him around, and Adel was head and shoulders above anyone else in our squad.

Just examples of poor management tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                I'd play him of course, but I would also fine him increasingly heavily every time he caused trouble. Is there a legal limit on the size of such fines?
                pfa rules limit fines to 2 weeks wages. i think it was rumoured that, at certain points in time, adel was effectively with us for free, because we were recouping his wages through fines for lateness, behaviour etc.

on the original question, it's a bit tricky... short-term it's worth playing the player, but the longer it goes on, the greater the impact on everyone else. imagine working in a place where one of your co-workers was allowed to get away with everything all the time... it ends up going one of two ways - either everyone else starts breaking the rules and the place quickly descends into chaos or as soon as someone else gets punished for a rule break, there's hell to pay.

warnock managed it with adel, by getting other players (like derry, hill and co) to buy into accept it as the price they needed to pay to get a shot at playing in the prem, but even then, you could tell that half of them wanted to lamp him for messing around. it's much more difficult when you have more than one wayward genius type knocking around.
                Last edited by klonk; 09-08-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  If you had a player that was a troublemaker but produced on the pitch and won you points, would you play him?

If it got me points, I wouldn't care how they come.
                  You have to consider the effect on the rest of the team. If it is fine, as with Adel a few years back, then play him. Otherwise sell him and bring in somebody who isn't a trouble maker!
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Part of life ,I'm a trouble maker love it.the t arts in our team need to get mentally stronger.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Olly Murs a prime example.
                      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                      London Pride is a flower that's free.
                      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                      And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

"Run as fast as you can."
                        Troublemaker
                        I say, "I'm done," but then you pull me back, oh oh oh...
                        I swear you're giving me a heart attack

goodbye adel....

Comment

This thread had nothing to do with Adel, I was wondering after reading the other thread on Zarate/Vargas who are playing well.

Last year we played all the well behaved boys on the pitch and got no points, when we could've played all those the club say are trouble and maybe won more?

What do you do here, it's a tricky one?

Comment

An if your 'auntie had balls she would be your uncle' style 'tricky one?
                            or are you back itk and you are subliminally telling us one of our new players is a trouble maker?

Comment

I bet this thread is about Adel
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X