Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Artful;1448686]
    Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post

Exactley. He is not overpriced at £15m - Blackburn turned down £12m bid for Rhodes today from Middlesborough
    Not being argumentative, but if he wasnt over priced at fifteen mill he would of been sold by now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
      I think you have to get out this thinking of a small striker like Gray or Gayle signing, IF and a big IF Austin goes he gonna replace him with a huge target man like Carlton Cole or Kenwyne Jones as this is the system Ramsey wants to play.

If Charlie goes straight on the phone to Palace and offer whatever for Murray.
      Yep agree....although have my doubts we'll pay money. As we spoke about yesterday think Cole could well be ours.
      I remember about 3/4 weeks ago, he announced on twitter he knew where he'd be playing next season, yet still hasn't joined anyone yet............Points to QPR

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin Mcleod;1448711]
        Originally posted by Artful View Post

Not being argumentative, but if he wasnt over priced at fifteen mill he would of been sold by now.
        Reason he hasn't yet gone is he is not a lone striker! Strikers have been signed by mid/lower prem teams for around the £15m without any prem experience! If you had like I have watched him every home game & a few away over the last 2 seasons would have realised a long time ago his limitations. But £15m for an 18 prem goal striker in a 5hit team is cheap

Comment

15 million is a club transfer record to quite a few clubs isnt it? We are just used to citeh and united etc spending thirties like its nothing, the rest never spend that sort of dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            15 million is a club transfer record to quite a few clubs isnt it? We are just used to citeh and united etc spending thirties like its nothing, the rest never spend that sort of dough.
            Exactly If Im spending 15m quid I want the finish player not a player with "limitations" the fact remains as you stated the other day, we love him and rate him but other clubs don't if they did WBA wouldnt bought lambert and the fella today, Palace woulldnt have bought Wickham, and Spurs or Newcastle would have gone in May/June there your money we want him, they wouldnt have hung around for another club to snap him up.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Yep agree....although have my doubts we'll pay money. As we spoke about yesterday think Cole could well be ours.
              I remember about 3/4 weeks ago, he announced on twitter he knew where he'd be playing next season, yet still hasn't joined anyone yet............Points to QPR
              Carlton Cole replacement for Charlie? Nah surely not, don't muck about mate.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                We need to stick to our guns on the £15m otherwise we condemn ourselves to be forever patsies in the transfer market.

What happens this month is somewhat irrelevant. Charlie should not be starting until his transfer situation is worked out (which probably means not starting in August). Once Sept 1 rolls around, if he is still with us he will know that in the first place he is perhaps not the hot commodity his agent thinks he is, and in the second place the best way to get into the Premier League is to start banging in the goals for QPR.

Patience and courage are required for this to have a positive outcome.
                Err I think getting £0 next summer for a striker once worth ~£12m would be a far better way to show ourselves off as utter mugs

Comment

[QUOTE=Artful;1448716]
                  Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Reason he hasn't yet gone is he is not a lone striker! Strikers have been signed by mid/lower prem teams for around the £15m without any prem experience! If you had like I have watched him every home game & a few away over the last 2 seasons would have realised a long time ago his limitations. But £15m for an 18 prem goal striker in a 5hit team is cheap
                  Issue is very few teams fit both these criteria:

a) willing to spend £15m on a player (with dodgy injury record at that)

b) play 442 with a zamora type

....Newcastle, maybe. I guess West Brom but they've bought elsewhere. There really aren't too many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    Carlton Cole replacement for Charlie? Nah surely not, don't muck about mate.
                    I know.....

Comment

Working...
                    X