Players in limbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr View Post
    Can't say I agree. Good QPR are sayin they are QPR players! Want em bid for them!
    But it's clear from their performances they have their eye on a move. Rather have players willing to stay and fight for the jersey not blokes with their mind on the Premier League.

Comment

Austin has played what 1 pre season game? Clearly not fit , maybe we are trying to get him there but he is miles behind the other's , didn't see any half hearted players out there at all, just a new squad that needs time to settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        Austin has played what 1 pre season game? Clearly not fit , maybe we are trying to get him there but he is miles behind the other's , didn't see any half hearted players out there at all, just a new squad that needs time to settle in.
        It's very clear some of our players were not ready, they shouldn't have started. Let's hope lessons are learnt.

Comment

Oh no worries on that score.....We're Learning all the time, every season.........Whether we actually ever pass the exams is one for the future

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            It's very clear some of our players were not ready, they shouldn't have started. Let's hope lessons are learnt.
            You never really are ready at the start of a season, pre season gets you fit but there is a difference between fit and match fit, players usually take 6/8 games to really get there, if you take Austin he has only played 1 pre season game so is miles behind the others, also you are never really sure what sort of pre season the new players have had , or where they are in terms of fitness to the group you have.

Comment

What about if they want to stay? So we leave them out because of speculation and what might happen, get an offer and the player then decides "ok newcastle is alright for me now". But only because we left him out. It's not to easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                What about if they want to stay? So we leave them out because of speculation and what might happen, get an offer and the player then decides "ok newcastle is alright for me now". But only because we left him out. It's not to easy.
                Fair point Rich but I think it's clear as crystal they don't wanna stay.

Comment

I too thought it would be crazy to leave out CA, MP etc if fit. My thoughts were might as well throw them in to nick a win while we still got them. I didn't give much of a thought for the new lads as I was so transfixed on utilising anything that could provide the win. Narrow minded I know, but who said logic comes into it when you support QPR
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The point is CR said if players are not match fit then they don't get selected right, I'm sure he said that last year?

If you're not match fit then start someone else, it's down to the players to get match fit. The rules should be the same for all players.

Charlie could've come on as a sub, just start the best 11 who are ready.

Comment

I don't buy this limbo stuff , I would have thought I'd they desperate to leave they played there bloody hearts out been greedy , putting themselves about show potential scouts wow that they worth buying , cause if they went into half hearted I'm scouts would look and go nah not worth it both lazy don't work hard etc save your money.

If they both wanted to go they should honest and professional and say head not right don't play me , I think for Charlie and Matty it a bad day that all

Comment

If I was Charlie I would be begging Ramsey to play me to up my fitness levels as if he goes elsewhere with the levels of fitness he currently has he's not going to perform well and his back will be up against the wall from the start.

If Sunderland never signed Fer cause he's not fit and they cannot wait 6 to 8weeks to get fit why will that be any different for Austin. I won't get on Austins back but seeing how out of shape he is I reckon he assumed he would have secured move by now and has not put the hard yards in as he came back late due to England and honeymoon now he's suffering for it and it could cost him a move

Comment

You never really are ready at the start of a season, pre season gets you fit but there is a difference between fit and match fit, players usually take 6/8 games to really get there, if you take Austin he has only played 1 pre season game so is miles behind the others, also you are never really sure what sort of pre season the new players have had , or where they are in terms of fitness to the group you have.
                          Unfortunately, how many teams, regardless of the division they are in, have the luxury of having 6-8 games of the regular season to get 'ready' ? I accept that some players at least might not be performing at 100%, and I think most accept that might be the case. However, these are professional athletes, getting very well paid. They should be 'ready' for the first game, from the very first whistle, and at the very least approaching and very near to 100%. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            We can't continue to play these players whilst their future is still in the air. Either Austin, Philips and fer are up for sale and on the bench or they're not available and they're in the side. Can't have half hearted players in the team who aren't up for it.

Rant over.
                            Phillips is not looking for a move is he? He should certainly be playing.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                              Unfortunately, how many teams, regardless of the division they are in, have the luxury of having 6-8 games of the regular season to get 'ready' ? I accept that some players at least might not be performing at 100%, and I think most accept that might be the case. However, these are professional athletes, getting very well paid. They should be 'ready' for the first game, from the very first whistle, and at the very least approaching and very near to 100%. But that's just me.
                              There ready and fit , but what im saying is you cant be match fit until you played matches, when you go pre season games they lack that pace that real games have and it takes time to get that, and that is the same for all teams , plus you add in players who have only probably trained with us once or twice,and your relying on other teams pre season preparation it was always going to be a tough start , don't think you can judge this side until 6 games in.

Comment

There ready and fit , but what im saying is you cant be match fit until you played matches, when you go pre season games they lack that pace that real games have and it takes time to get that, and that is the same for all teams , plus you add in players who have only probably trained with us once or twice,and your relying on other teams pre season preparation it was always going to be a tough start , don't think you can judge this side until 6 games in.
                                I agree 100% with being 'match fit', good point, there is a difference, and only competitive games will rectify that. I think tho', as has been mentioned in other threads today, there seems to be a real issue with both the physical and mental side of the game, for some of these players. Something that seems to have been a long standing issue, and the club for whatever reason have been unable to address. Just my thoughts, but something's not quite right, and it goes beyond the 'match fitness' I think ? Again, maybe it's just me lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X