Apparently SWP actually is a footballer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently SWP actually is a footballer

If you count MLS as a football league, that is.

Never saw any evidence of it for us.

New signing Shaun Wright-Phillips, the brother of the team’s leading goal-scorer Bradley, drew a penalty that led to the opening goal and then set up on his brother’s ninth goal of the season that proved to be the game winner.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ople-are-going
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

As plastic as the ####s,he'll fit in there
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

We've definitely improved as a league. I go to FC Dallas games regularly and there are definitely some gifted young players- I wish we'd make a move on Fabian Castillo in Dallas, he's a skilled left winger with a good shot and more pace than I've ever seen. Red Bulls are on par with a top League One team- SWP probably wouldn't crack the starting lineup in Vancouver, Dallas, or Los Angeles.

Comment

Originally posted by ConnerSaurusRex View Post
        We've definitely improved as a league. I go to FC Dallas games regularly and there are definitely some gifted young players- I wish we'd make a move on Fabian Castillo in Dallas, he's a skilled left winger with a good shot and more pace than I've ever seen. Red Bulls are on par with a top League One team- SWP probably wouldn't crack the starting lineup in Vancouver, Dallas, or Los Angeles.
        Yes, I've seen a few MLS matches over the years and I'd put it somewhere between bottom half Championship and top half League 1. Not bad, but not good. I remember they played matches during the 2010 World Cup and flicking back and forth between the two competitions it looked like a different sport.

It is a strange league really, with some players who are definitely Premier League and others who'd be lucky to find work in the Football Conference.

I like the Dallas hoops though!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Hhhmm I seem to remember predicting he'd do well over there, and then got a barrage of abuse..........Mind you one game, doesn't make a season

Comment

Good luck to him but he still mugged this football club and didn't careless with a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Good luck to him but he still mugged this football club and didn't careless with a few others.
              Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Hhhmm I seem to remember predicting he'd do well over there, and then got a barrage of abuse..........Mind you one game, doesn't make a season
                He had a very good debut for QPR too.

Comment

It's non-league with a few has beens thrown in. Big fking deal.

Comment

We always knew he was gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      It's non-league with a few has beens thrown in. Big fking deal.
                      Man, you really don't like many leagues haha
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Look out guys, one more good game and we will be getting a JJB-like I told you so thread
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                        X