Dan Bentley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Bentley

On the target list according to Ramsey. Personally I think he'd be perfect, 1 year as understudy to Rob Green and then we'd have decision to make at the end of the season!

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...t-qprs-9778903

Stick him in now! Green can't actually kick a football straight

Comment

another mcarthy situation here. apparently he wants first team football what won't happen
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        This is true. But he can pull of game winning saves on a regular basis which is good enough for me.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          another mcarthy situation here. apparently he wants first team football what won't happen
          He's a promising keeper in his early 20's playing for a small(ish) side. If I was him and I had the opportunity to be understudy to 1 of the current top 5 English goalkeepers, who is in his twilight and has 1 year left on his contract then I would jump all over it. If he plays his cards right he could learn a lot for 1 year and then take over the following season. On top of that he'll probably treble his salary!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Neither could McCarthy. But Green does the whole saving the ball and catching crosses better. Bentley would be a great addition though.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              On the target list according to Ramsey. Personally I think he'd be perfect, 1 year as understudy to Rob Green and then we'd have decision to make at the end of the season!

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...t-qprs-9778903
              But IF (I know a big if) we were promoted would he be benchwarming again? Or would he go straight into a Prem side? (it`s a bit like Yun`s situation).
              I`d be over the moon if we signed him, and like Fordy said stuck him in as No1 with Green as a very useful backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                But IF (I know a big if) we were promoted would he be benchwarming again? Or would he go straight into a Prem side? (it`s a bit like Yun`s situation).
                I`d be over the moon if we signed him, and like Fordy said stuck him in as No1 with Green as a very useful backup.
                Personally, I don't think we can do that to Greeno.

He barely put a foot wrong last year and his attitude has been impeccable throughout his QPR career despite being very badly treated by Mark Hughes. Add to that (if you believe what you read), he turned down the chance to speak to Chelsea in favour of playing first team for us this season. We're lucky to have him and as long as he keeps performing I see no reason to even think about dropping him. Let him see out his contract as number 1 and then take stock at the end of the season.

Comment

Personally, I don't think we can do that to Greeno.

He barely put a foot wrong last year and his attitude has been impeccable throughout his QPR career despite being very badly treated by Mark Hughes. Add to that (if you believe what you read), he turned down the chance to speak to Chelsea in favour of playing first team for us this season. We're lucky to have him and as long as he keeps performing I see no reason to even think about dropping him. Let him see out his contract as number 1 and then take stock at the end of the season.
                  I understand and agree (kind of) but that is the situation the club could find itself in. How long do we keep Green as No1 and is it worth having a decent backup while he is.
                  If we signed Bentley we could have another Mcarthy situation in a years time, where we lose a keeper that could be here for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                    I understand and agree (kind of) but that is the situation the club could find itself in. How long do we keep Green as No1 and is it worth having a decent backup while he is.
                    If we signed Bentley we could have another Mcarthy situation in a years time, where we lose a keeper that could be here for years to come.
                    And if we do, so be it. The McCarthy situation was fine in my eyes, decent competition for the goalkeepers jersey for a year and then sold him for more than we bought him for. What's wrong with that?

Of course if McCarthy goes on to play for England then we'll be left wondering "what if", but from what I've seen of him I don't think there is much chance of that!

Comment

And if we do, so be it. The McCarthy situation was fine in my eyes, decent competition for the goalkeepers jersey for a year and then sold him for more than we bought him for. What's wrong with that?

Of course if McCarthy goes on to play for England then we'll be left wondering "what if", but from what I've seen of him I don't think there is much chance of that!
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

From what i`ve seen Bentley is much better than Mcarthy and we can`t play Green forever.
                        But as I said I understand and agree with you, but would like to sign Bentley and have him for years to come.

Comment

Bentley will go on to be a great keeper.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

In our financial situation is it wise to spend almost 2 million on a sub goalie when we need at least 2 defenders asap?

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that, top post.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2