"Austin and Fer will probably leave" - Chris Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Yep we also had the little matter of Adel Tarrabt who - whatever the view of him subsequently - scored something like 19 goals himself and had a similar number of assists.
    And had a similar amount of assists. Funny how people 'forget' things like that.
    Who knows, perhaps JET or Cherry will be the new Taarabt. No, I don't believe that.

Comment

Chairman has made huge mistakes but fans living in fantasy world thinking he cd impose his own deadline. The fact is we need the money, so if someone comes in last minute with a big offer we will have to accept. And other clubs clearly realise this, which is why they are happy to gamble on getting him for less as we grow more desperate.
      So if that's the case. Should we be be looking at the best prospect off a cash plus player deal, that would be ideal if we can land a player in the bargain stakes
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        And had a similar amount of assists. Funny how people 'forget' things like that.
        Who knows, perhaps JET or Cherry will be the new Taarabt. No, I don't believe that.
        Indeed. Just because lots of fans were angry with Adel's attitude subsequently they gloss over how he tore this division apart. The Derrys and co played their part - not denying it - but without Adel we would prob have been mid table at best. So the argument stands - if you are serious about getting out of this division you need a goalscorer, and if Charlie goes I dont think we've got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
          If Charlie goes on deadline day we will get someone in on loan after a week when the loan window re-opens.

We may be looking to play with Polter holding the ball up, for an attacking 3 behind him to chip in with the majority of the goals. Charlie on his day is a great striker, I'm not entirely convinced he's as great up front on his own, than with someone along side him. So maybe he isn't too bothered about a replacement in that respect?
          How many good strikers do you think will be available in September then?
          Chances are there'll be mostly leftover low scoring tat like Keane Maiga Doyle and the Brazilian eho never even got a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            So if that's the case. Should we be be looking at the best prospect off a cash plus player deal, that would be ideal if we can land a player in the bargain stakes
            Think that's a good shout as long as its someone who genuinely adds to the offer rather than subtracts from it. I mean, we could have offered SWP last season as a make-weight ("have this brilliant, dynamic player - oh and his 60k a week wages...") which is pretty much what West Ham did to us when we sold them Trevor Sinclair. It wd need to be someone who we wd genuinely pay a couple of million for if they were available in a position we need filling (so not some surplus midfielder, for instance, which I think Newcastle were talking about).

Comment

Don't worry, our esteemed co-chairman has just tweeted 'Why do we need another striker?'.

There is no need to fret.

Comment

Indeed. Just because lots of fans were angry with Adel's attitude subsequently they gloss over how he tore this division apart. The Derrys and co played their part - not denying it - but without Adel we would prob have been mid table at best. So the argument stands - if you are serious about getting out of this division you need a goalscorer, and if Charlie goes I dont think we've got one.
                Its pointless arguing on here because many think winning promotion will be a bad thing.
                QPR got relegated primarily for one reason or to be more accurate one person, Redkrapp.
                Pulis would have kept them up. He kept Palace up and they were worse than QPR when he took over.
                He had Vargas Isla Fer Sandro Phillips Austin Green Barton Henry Dunne Caulker (yes I know he looked awful but lets see how he does at Southampton). Compare those with the squad Holloway assembled for Palace. Palace are about to have their 3rd season in the Premiership.
                The point I am making is that going up should this season should not mean going straight back down.
                Keeping hold of Austin and Phillips could be the key to going back up. With the addition of Cherry and Luongo and Perch it is possible that QPR would be better equipped to stay up if promoted again.
                Last edited by stanistheman; 03-08-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSwakeley View Post
                  Don't worry, our esteemed co-chairman has just tweeted 'Why do we need another striker?'.

Apologies, discussed elsewhere. My Twitter account was temporarily down due to investigations by the Internet police.

Comment

Its pointless arguing on here because many think winning promotion will be a bad thing.
                    QPR got relegated primarily for one reason or to be more accurate one person, Redkrapp.
                    Pulis would have kept them up. He kept Palace up and they were worse than QPR when he took over.
                    He had Vargas Isla Fer Sandro Phillips Austin Green Barton Henry Dunne Caulker (yes I know he looked awful but lets see how he does at Southampton). Compare those with the squad Holloway assembled for Palace. Palace are about to have their 3rd season in the Premiership.
                    The point I am making is that going up should this season should not mean going straight back down.
                    Keeping hold of Austin and Phillips could be the key to going back up. With the addition of Cherry and Luongo and Perch it is possible that QPR would be better equipped to stay up if promoted again.
                    It's a 50-50 scenario, what team are we going to have come Saturday or when the transfer window closes
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Wow, he really sounds up for a good campaign then. Or he really believes Polter, Jet, Mackie and the midfielders have 60 goals between them.
                      Perhaps bottom half will be the expectation for this season.

Comment

Wow, he really sounds up for a good campaign then. Or he really believes Polter, Jet, Mackie and the midfielders have 60 goals between them.
                        Perhaps bottom half will be the expectation for this season.
                        Good shout
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                            In 2011 we had the best player in the division (fact) playing for us, scoring 19 and with 22 assists (again fact)
                            We also had a manager that knew exactly how to get teams promoted and supplemented his team accordingly.
                            Oh and starting with a 19 games unbeaten run.

I'm hopeful, but not sure any of those will repeat this season.
                            Yeah we'll be lucky to get another player like Taarabt this season and agreed on the manager. I don't expect us to storm the league this year I was just saying as long as the defence is shored up I really can't see us anywhere near a relegation battle

Comment

Why do we need one though? At this moment in time we have Austin, Polter, Mackie, JET, Grego-Cox and Blackwood. We will need another when Austin goes. But he hasn't gone yet, so we dont need one.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2