"Austin and Fer will probably leave" - Chris Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
    coz ramsey is relying on polter, jet, mackie. to leed us to superstardom. I don't think he is that bothered on a replacement for chas.
    Nah, I don't think so,

He is just doing as he is told and rebuilding the club (well trying to). I suspect the Board are happy to just stay out of a relegation fight this season and possibly next.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Nah, I don't think so,

He is just doing as he is told and rebuilding the club (well trying to). I suspect the Board are happy to just stay out of a relegation fight this season and possibly next.
      So am I to be honest. Anyone who thinks we should be pushing for promotion already clearly hasn't learned anything from the last 3 or 4 years.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Nah, I don't think so,

Exactly my point,, that's what I said on another thread, board will be happy with a mid table finish, if they wanted to go for it we would be keeping charlie ect ect
        You Rsssssss

Comment

I think it's quite obvious that we're restricted money wise until either/both are sold.

Pearch wasnt announced until Caulker went out on loan and we subsequently recieved a fee so i'm going to take a complete guess and wager we're going to have to do the same with a striker. Especially as it's quite obvious that in today's market, strikers dont come cheap and I imagine when we do finally sell Austin and make a bid it'll probably be in excess of 3.5m depending on who the target is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            So am I to be honest. Anyone who thinks we should be pushing for promotion already clearly hasn't learned anything from the last 3 or 4 years.
            Fair enough. But we ought have more than one striker. Especially when that single striker is untested, looks like a lump and is seen gong feted more for keeping goal than playing up front. It can't be that hard to bring in a decent striker on loan. Other than Charlie we haven't had one for two years......

Comment

I don't think we'll be in the running for automatic promotion but I think we'll be in the hunt for a play-off spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I don't think we'll be in the running for automatic promotion but I think we'll be in the hunt for a play-off spot.
                If we are then great, but my point is avoiding relegation and finishing mid table will not constitute a bad season.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  coz ramsey is relying on polter, jet, mackie. to leed us to superstardom. I don't think he is that bothered on a replacement for chas.
                  this

Comment

Nah, I don't think so,

If we are then great, but my point is avoiding relegation and finishing mid table will not constitute a bad season.
                    Well I think someone shoulda told Chery this ....cause in his signing on speech he talks of pushing for promotion

Comment

If Charlie goes on deadline day we will get someone in on loan after a week when the loan window re-opens.

We may be looking to play with Polter holding the ball up, for an attacking 3 behind him to chip in with the majority of the goals. Charlie on his day is a great striker, I'm not entirely convinced he's as great up front on his own, than with someone along side him. So maybe he isn't too bothered about a replacement in that respect?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Well I think someone shoulda told Chery this ....cause in his signing on speech he talks of pushing for promotion
                        If the players want to do that then fine, and if we are in the mix then great. All im saying is its not a disaster if we aren't.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We absolutely stormed the league in 2011 without a prolific striker, don't understand where all this doom and gloom is coming from re. Polter. Seems as though his hold-up play is brilliant and he puts himself about. With the likes of Chery, Phillips, JET, Diakite, Luongo, Gladwin and possibly Fer in support maybe what we need is a strong target man that can bring these players into the game. Obviously every team is after a 20-goal a season striker but provided our defensive situation is sorted out I don't think we'll be anywhere near relegation if we lose Chaz

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                            If Charlie goes on deadline day we will get someone in on loan after a week when the loan window re-opens.

We may be looking to play with Polter holding the ball up, for an attacking 3 behind him to chip in with the majority of the goals. Charlie on his day is a great striker, I'm not entirely convinced he's as great up front on his own, than with someone along side him. So maybe he isn't too bothered about a replacement in that respect?
                            I think you hit nail on head with the statement regarding Austin up front on his own , think this is why teams are reluctant to pay the money as majority do play one up front , think probably wba and palace will go two up top but they bought lambert and wickham

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              this
                              And that
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

If the players want to do that then fine, and if we are in the mix then great. All im saying is its not a disaster if we aren't.
                                No, fair enough Ginge. You've held this stance all summer, I was just being awkward. I know what you mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X