No announcement yet.

Can we win without scorers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I'd like to see us pick up another striker who is proven at this level. Charlie isn't going to be here (despite some optimism on this thread that he will) and whilst there are some talented forwards in our squad, they all seem to be a bit of a roll of the dice to me. I'd like to see us go for Andre Gray or Dwight Gayle, both would compliment what we have very well.

Comment

Fernandes really doesn't do himself any favours at times.

I understand what he's getting at- Nobody has matched our evaluation of CA so he's still our player and as it stands will probably start against Charlton etc etc. That’s all fine and well, but the fact is he is totally naive to be giving off the impression he's going nowhere when even our own manager has admitted he's probably offski. Ramsey knows it, we know it, the media knows it....so why pretend otherwise? All he's doing is getting the hopes up of every QPR fan desperate to see CA stay, as with him, automatic promotion is a lot more likely than without him.

I get that he wants to engage with fans and its a nice gesture it really is.....but he ends up causing more harm than he does good whenever he tweets about us.

Comment

Gray is currently being courted by Hull & Derby.......Gayle is reportedly going to Fulham this week.
        We aren't going to try to get any of these imo.....

Comment

He 100% doesnt help himself sometimes... You are absolutely right. Probably why Les hates Twitter so much!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            He 100% doesnt help himself sometimes... You are absolutely right. Probably why Les hates Twitter so much!
            The irony now is, the most disruptive force currently via Twitter at the club...is TF and not the players who i imagine the ban is put in place for.

Last Season you had Barton being Barton, Rio insulting peoples mothers and Karl Henry arguing over politics with Stan Collymore...Henry is the only person still at the club and truth be told that was an isolated incident. Charlie Austin in comparison is a regular tweeter and has never been in any type of bother.

Comment

Take whatever tony says with a pinch of salt. remember what he said about remy? yeah. we need a replacement.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                The irony now is, the most disruptive force currently via Twitter at the club...is TF and not the players who i imagine the ban is put in place for.

Last Season you had Barton being Barton, Rio insulting peoples mothers and Karl Henry arguing over politics with Stan Collymore...Henry is the only person still at the club and truth be told that was an isolated incident. Charlie Austin in comparison is a regular tweeter and has never been in any type of bother.
                Someone told me that Austins having a bit of a tiff with R.Marsh on twitter today?
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Someone told me that Austins having a bit of a tiff with R.Marsh on twitter today?
                  Haha! Perfect timing Chaz!

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                    Haha! Perfect timing Chaz!
                    Something over nothing

Marsh said he wished players would just own up and say they didn't want to play incase they get injured and ruin a move

Austin (Not directly to Marsh) stated that he thought the tweet was aimed at him and his favourite Rodney was Trotter

Marsh (Not direcly to Austin) Said that some footballers are paranoid and that he was talking about Di Maria.

Comment

Rodney loves it on Twitter dont he!!

Comment

Rodney talks a lot of sense tbh, but that comment was a bit #####y and you can't expect Austin to publicly admit he's trying to avoid injury in case he gets a move.

As for the question, goals have got to come from somewhere, just cos we don't have a prolific #9 doesn't mean we won;t get goals. Charlie scored most of them last season because the team was set up that way by Harold Redknapp, hopefully this season our wingers can contribute more. Cherry looks like he'll get a few from midfield, hopefully Ramsey sets the team up right.

Still think we could do with a striker with good movement though, Gayle would be perfect. Wouldn't mind Afobe from Wolves or Akpom who looks like joining Hull either.

Comment

Could it be that CA actually will stay for one more season?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Could it be that CA actually will stay for one more season?
                            I hope so but in reality I can't see it, will probably go the same way as Remy. Remy played the first game not really fit and CA will almost certainly do the same.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Tony's question........We're fighting a losing battle here

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 2h2 hours ago
                              @maljacqpr why do we need a striker
                              Just to flesh this out a bit, contextually..

Sounds like he's alluding to the fact we have Polter and JET to step up if Chaz goes. I'd also hope to see a boat load of goals from midfield. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                                I hope so but in reality I can't see it, will probably go the same way as Remy. Remy played the first game not really fit and CA will almost certainly do the same.
                                Who knows? Certainly, not us supporters. Ramsey fears he will go and TF tweets the opposite. I Wonder what Sir Les will say in the papers tomorrow?
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X