Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's do a positive after today only thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could be right, someone mentioned Kyle Bartley as a possible.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
      You could be right, someone mentioned Kyle Bartley as a possible.
      Would be an excellent signing. Keep your ear to the ground cali

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Would be an excellent signing. Keep your ear to the ground cali
        I will try.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

I had to copy this from Essex, I hope he doesn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by EssexR View Post
          Missed most of the first half but I thought we dominated the game throughout. Still think we lacked a cutting edge in the final third and the final ball still remains a bit of an issue, although I think once we're fully up and running that will change.

Pearch was solid at both RB and CB when switched inside 2nd half. Looks strong in the tackle and he's the 6/7 out of 10 a week player we will need in this league. Won’t pull up any trees but he'll do a job for us!

Was really impressed with Gladwyn today. Regardless of whether he is being played in his preferred position he showed some very tidy feet today and went past players with ease at times. Really looks to be a tricky customer!

Diakite and Tyler Blackwood also caught the eye when they came on. I think everybody is rooting for Diakite this season. He has the ability. He glides past players like they aren’t even there at times and he's such a unit he's never going to get barged off the ball. I think the best way to use him is actually behind the front 2 where he won’t have to do as much defending and thus, risk getting himself sent off!!

Blackwood is obviously young and will need time to develop, but he was full of running and enthusiasm if nothing else. Had a hint of Jamie Mackie about him BUT, and i know its early days to be saying this, looked to have better feet and more control of the ball when he had it. Had a half chance 2nd half where he did well to beat 2 men on the edge of the box but just tried to beat 1 too many when he probably should have pulled the trigger earlier. He'll learn with age and I think is worth using as an impact sub if we are chasing a game or even bring him on if we're ever coasting to victory for the last 15 mins or so.

Polter too did very well. Cant get my head around why he is getting so much stick already. His hold up play was very good at times yesterday, seems quite quick for a big man and also quite robust. As already mentioned he was fouled a few times in the build up to setting up JET but got on with it instead of going down. He needs a goal for sure but i think once his confidence is up, there will be a few people on here that will wish they never doubted him. Is he a suitable replacement for Austin? No. Is he a suitable replacement for Bobby Zamora? Yes.

Chery hit a good free kick first half but didnt really see too much of him. Luongo looked assured and tidy. Faurlin is still finding his range when it comes to passing and the trialist Hall looked comfortable although really didnt have much to do.

Still some issues in defence as Atalanta without really having much quality still managed to score and had 2-3 very good openings 2nd half. It hasn’t been mentioned on here as far as i can see but they had 2 penalty shouts within about 10 seconds of one another that probably would have been given in a league game.

How we fdo this season will depend on who settles and if the team can gel. We definitely have some talented players in the squad that’s for sure. Can Ramsey get the best out of them though??
          Nice post.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

I think the vast majority on here are happy with the way Ramsey is setting up the team - we now need to turn that into results and it is results only that will determine our and Ramsey's fate this season.
            Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

People need to remember Aswell... There was 3 players in that starting XI from last season, other than that it is a completely new squad who have only just started playing together, we just need to give ramsey time to complete the squad and gel them and I think we could have to core of a great squad and one we can take pride in for once

Comment

Can't go into the season with Clint as first choice centre back, we will get butchered.

Love Clint as we all do, but he's back-up CB at best and don't wanna see him play more than 10 games this season.
                Agree but let's try and keep this thread positive, the lad Hall looked ok and we are apparently linked with Kyle Bartley so fingers crossed.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Can't go into the season with Clint as first choice centre back, we will get butchered.

Love Clint as we all do, but he's back-up CB at best and don't wanna see him play more than 10 games this season.
                  Laugh all you want, but I am certain that Clint can perform very well in the Championship as CB. He is a no nonsense old school defender, and that is exactly what is needed in the Championship IMO. For sure he will have problems against small and fast forwards, and tricky counterattacks with teams playing a good passing game on the floor Barcelona style, but just how much will we see of that in the Championship? When it comes to clearing crosses in the air, and getting his head first on almost everything that comes in the box, I believe he will still be second to none.

Oh and by the way, IŽd like to see him play 46 league games this season...
                  Last edited by 1QPRDK; 03-08-2015, 10:55 AM.
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                    Laugh all you want, but I am certain that Clint can perform very well in the Championship as CB. He is a no nonsense old school defender, and that is exactly what is needed in the Championship IMO. For sure he will have problems against small and fast forwards, and tricky counterattacks with teams playing a good passing game on the floor Barcelona style, but just how much will we see of that in the Championship? When it comes to clearing crosses in the air, and getting his head first on almost everything that comes in the box, I believe he will still be second to none.

We read the pre-game predictions before so many games last season that Hill would "get torn a new one" by this team and that and how he would be a liability, the weak link, the one who was so slow he would never have a chance.

Well, how many new holes did he get torn, how many times was he the weak link, how often could we point to Hill and say we lost because of him?

Not so sure he can do all 46 games but yes, he is still a valuable asset and his experience will be needed again this season.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

We just like watching Clint Hill. It's great to think we will get another chance to do so.....

Comment

Something else i'd like to add to my earlier comments regarding JET.

I think he'll be a big character this season both on and off the pitch. We have all probably seen on youtube, or heard from Bristol City fans what he is capable of doing on the pitch. Hell, even the man himself in his first interview signed off by saying "get ready to get out of your seats". That alone shows he is confident in his own abilities but also if you've all seen his initiation song on Youtube from Italy, the bloke performed around the room like he was some kind of rockstar.

The point i'm making is that he seems like a big personality in the dressing room already. I also noticed against Atalanta he was shaking hands and high fiving everybody that went off/came on as a sub and everybody was quick to celebrate his goal even though it was only a friendly.

I like his attitude already and if I was going to place a bet on any of our current crop turning into a cult hero, my money would be on JET.

Comment

I like ducks

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            I like ducks
                            What the...
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4