Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
    Missed most of the first half but I thought we dominated the game throughout. Still think we lacked a cutting edge in the final third and the final ball still remains a bit of an issue, although I think once we're fully up and running that will change.

Pearch was solid at both RB and CB when switched inside 2nd half. Looks strong in the tackle and he's the 6/7 out of 10 a week player we will need in this league. Won’t pull up any trees but he'll do a job for us!

Was really impressed with Gladwyn today. Regardless of whether he is being played in his preferred position he showed some very tidy feet today and went past players with ease at times. Really looks to be a tricky customer!

Diakite and Tyler Blackwood also caught the eye when they came on. I think everybody is rooting for Diakite this season. He has the ability. He glides past players like they aren’t even there at times and he's such a unit he's never going to get barged off the ball. I think the best way to use him is actually behind the front 2 where he won’t have to do as much defending and thus, risk getting himself sent off!!

Blackwood is obviously young and will need time to develop, but he was full of running and enthusiasm if nothing else. Had a hint of Jamie Mackie about him BUT, and i know its early days to be saying this, looked to have better feet and more control of the ball when he had it. Had a half chance 2nd half where he did well to beat 2 men on the edge of the box but just tried to beat 1 too many when he probably should have pulled the trigger earlier. He'll learn with age and I think is worth using as an impact sub if we are chasing a game or even bring him on if we're ever coasting to victory for the last 15 mins or so.

Polter too did very well. Cant get my head around why he is getting so much stick already. His hold up play was very good at times yesterday, seems quite quick for a big man and also quite robust. As already mentioned he was fouled a few times in the build up to setting up JET but got on with it instead of going down. He needs a goal for sure but i think once his confidence is up, there will be a few people on here that will wish they never doubted him. Is he a suitable replacement for Austin? No. Is he a suitable replacement for Bobby Zamora? Yes.

Chery hit a good free kick first half but didnt really see too much of him. Luongo looked assured and tidy. Faurlin is still finding his range when it comes to passing and the trialist Hall looked comfortable although really didnt have much to do.

Still some issues in defence as Atalanta without really having much quality still managed to score and had 2-3 very good openings 2nd half. It hasn’t been mentioned on here as far as i can see but they had 2 penalty shouts within about 10 seconds of one another that probably would have been given in a league game.

How we fdo this season will depend on who settles and if the team can gel. We definitely have some talented players in the squad that’s for sure. Can Ramsey get the best out of them though??
    Nice post.

Comment

Nice, Essex I hope you don't mind but I am going to cut and paste this and put it in the positive thread?
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Nice, Essex I hope you don't mind but I am going to cut and paste this and put it in the positive thread?
        Go right ahead sir

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Thought we played alright today. Couple of players looked a bit off the pace, Faurlin in particular, but mainly we were solid. Tjarron Chery looks good, had a good first half and hit the post with a free kick, absent in the 2nd half though. Polter looks a handful up front. Was a little disappointed with Luongo although he tried hard. Gladwin and JET did well. Diakite surprised me when he came on, thought he was decent. We had a trialist at CB (Grant Hall?) who i thought did ok. Perch was solid. Overall a good workout against good opposition.
          Glad they let you out

Comment

Working...
          X