Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Diakite is very direct and that is exactly what we want from the lad. I think it's a big plus that les and Ramsey are black. That certainly isn't a racist comment but I think it will help samba
    im still struggling to understand how this is deemed a racist post. Are you not allowed to mention someone's skin colour then.? It's not as if he's said diakite only gets a game because he's black like les and Chris.

Comment

I didn't take weare's comment as racist in the slightest. Possibly similar to saying a girl would be more comfortable playing in a boys team with other girls in the team as well..... And I'm not sexist either.

Not saying I think Samba is more comfortable with a black man as his boss, just that I don't think the comment was racist.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
        im still struggling to understand how this is deemed a racist post. Are you not allowed to mention someone's skin colour then.? It's not as if he's said diakite only gets a game because he's black like les and Chris.
        Can I just say I did not in any way deem it racist. I just thought it was a bit of an odd comment to make. Having been accused of throwing the racist card about is well off the mark and a bit of a scummy thing to say.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          I didn't take weare's comment as racist in the slightest. Possibly similar to saying a girl would be more comfortable playing in a boys team with other girls in the team as well..... And I'm not sexist either.

Not saying I think Samba is more comfortable with a black man as his boss, just that I don't think the comment was racist.
          I think he might be more confident with someone who believes in him, regardless of the skin colour connection.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
            I think he might be more confident with someone who believes in him, regardless of the skin colour connection.

Comment

I also don't believe that he meant it in that way, I don't class him as being racist even though I know he hates me with passion. He does post without thinking at times and that is the only reason I wouldn't make him a moderator, no other reason but things can change in life. I never rule anything out and love it when people prove me wrong. One thing I love about WeAre is his passion for QPR, you can't buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Probably best to draw a line under this discussion. It was an unfortunate comment from Weare but I don't think he is a racist or intended to cause offence. Lots of arguing on here today. Its a lovely day - lets all try to get on.
                ere weren't you mod?...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  ere weren't you mod?...
                  Yes he was and another good member of our team, but you have to remember moderation is voluntary and each person has different work commitments. It's sometimes not so easy to do both, I'm not even allowed to look at my phone when working.

Comment

I thought so...Tony Currie avatar....I was still in shock over the Stanley abdication...

Comment

I couldnt make it today and was hoping to get some insight from this thread, but all I got was that Samba, Les and CR possibly like a cheeky nandos after the game together.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                        So what do you take the comment to mean then?
                        I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          Tbf Kev this isnt the first time he's threatened to leave. He's prone to the odd tantrum or breakdown so he's probably just having a bad day. He cracks me up tbh
                          He's done it loads of times. But comes back again. Probably on the sauce today.

Comment

More come back than Matty Rose

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Diakite is very direct and that is exactly what we want from the lad. I think it's a big plus that les and Ramsey are black. That certainly isn't a racist comment but I think it will help samba
                              This is not a racist comment at all. It is not hard to imagine that Les and Chris might favour a coloured player over a white one, even if subconsciously. We can each decide for ourselves whether this is racist but to point it out certainly isn't!

Many governments have hiring policies that give jobs to people based on ethnic background.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                                This is not a racist comment at all. It is not hard to imagine that Les and Chris might favour a coloured player over a white one, even if subconsciously. We can each decide for ourselves whether this is racist but to point it out certainly isn't!

Many governments have hiring policies that give jobs to people based on ethnic background.
                                Oh dear.
                                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                                X