Wake up and smell the coffee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Oh no, I can see it now. We'll finish 16th, the ultra negative amongst us will attempt to goad you, but alas, to no avail, you will remain undeterred.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      You weren't the only one to suffer through those 14 years stan.

I'm optimistic because I like the new direction we are taking and from what I have read it seems as though we have signed some good players. Not to mention: Austin, Fer, Phillips - all still here (and icing on the cake - Caulker gone)! Regardless, I'm going to just wait and see how things shape up when we start kicking the ball in anger and not make myself miserable worrying about the worst case in the meantime.

And let's not forget: Warnock didn't exactly set the transfer world alight in turning us from relegation battlers into Champions, did he: Kenny, Mackie, Derry, and Hill, were the key signings IIRC and the pessimists on this board were having a field day back then too!
      No Warnock didn't but he knew what he was doing and had a lot of promotions on his CV.
      Ramsey is a novice at managing and is around 50 years old and what is on his CV that makes you optimistic about this new direction?
      I accept you have a point in not worrying about the worst case scenario in the meantime, but clearly judging from Ramsey's recent comments about Fer, Austin and his need for another third of the squad he wants, he too is not confident.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Far too much sense for this forum.
        2 seasons ?....Too late

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          2 seasons ?....Too late
          To late for what exactly?

Comment

Too late to get promoted the cash will be beyond us

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              ...the season ahead will be a disaster if hoping for promot.
              Disaster would be relegation anywhere else is simply fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Too late to get promoted the cash will be beyond us
                Couldnt say the same for Bournemouth

Comment

Whilst I disagree with the nature of this post I’ve got to say I too have 1 major concern over this season.

I think when the dust settles and all the transfer business has been done, we WILL have a good squad. Regardless of whether that includes Austin, Fer, Sandro or Phillips I fully believe we'll make suitable replacements.

My only concern/question is if Ramsey can get the best out of that squad. I'm happy with the signings we've made so far and the business we've done, and I’m also pleased he has us at least trying to play football the right way. Like I’ve already said, I believe we'll bring in the right calibre of player but it's no good having a decent squad if the tactics and selection are wrong. Kind of like giving a Ferrari to a learner driver.

It's a real baptism of fire for Ramsey this season and I'm just not convinced he has the experience, wisdom or even dare I say, knowledge to make the most of the squad at his disposal.

Hope I'm wrong and I'm in the minority of fans who'd quietly accept a season of mid table mediocrity but the problem is we have a very vocal fan base who unfortunately are likely to call for his head at the first sign of struggle.

Comment

Comment

Once again, doom mongering posted by one of the official doom monger of WATRB's. I honestly see no reason to believe we should not be hopeful of promotion. Pre season has shown me that we have a very good group of players who can handle the championship.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Once again, doom mongering posted by one of the official doom monger of WATRB's. I honestly see no reason to believe we should not be hopeful of promotion. Pre season has shown me that we have a very good group of players who can handle the championship.
                        I'm no doom monger by any definition, but what exactly have you seen in our pre-season to give you such faith that we can do well in the Championship?

Comment

I think the players that are being brought in are decent and are the kind of signings we should be making. Ramsey is a good coach but I just cant see him putting together a team capable of grinding out results regularly in the championship. I think we will be mid-table for most of the season. Will that be enough for the board/fans? not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSwakeley View Post
                            I'm no doom monger by any definition, but what exactly have you seen in our pre-season to give you such faith that we can do well in the Championship?
                            Individuals have really done well in my opinion (Polter looks a handful, JET can create moments of great quality, both swindon boys have had their games of shine and Chief has looked solid in defence), The tactics employed have looked to have an impact on the positive and counter attacking style of play we look to employ with a 433 and our players seem to fit the bill. Business is being conducted under the radar and smartly, with only 2 players being over 27 and none over 30. Our squad is stronger than most of the competition, if not all of them on paper so I don't see why we should be looking as a club at anything other than play offs.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                            X