The currant bun on Fer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
    I'm only guessing BUT, if what Ferdinand & Ramsey have been hinting at is true, ?I suspect BOTH the Parachute Payment money (£25m) & Sterling bonus (£8.8m) has been put aside to pay back debts and any potential FFP fine.

Which means McCarthy (£3.5m) and Caulker (£1.5m) is being used to 'patch up' the squad as best they can. Total £5m
    So far we spent £3.5m on the Swindon pair, roughly £2.3m on Polter & Chery and £700k on Perch - Total £5.5m

So with an overspend of £500k, and no immediate sign of Austin or Phillips going for big money, we are having to consider loaning out Fer. Let's say we get a £2m loan fee, that's leaves £1.5m to find a CB and cover at GK, LB, CM and another CB (IMO).

Really looks like we are having to bring funds in before splashing out.
    It might have been different if Austin had gone for £15m a month ago.

As I say, I'm only guessing though.
    agree with this, but you forgot the wages we are saving, considerable I'd imagine
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      What I'm being told is the Fer to Sunderland (on loan) and Charlie to Newcastle are both looking nailed on. Also hearing that we are expecting an influx of signings next week, maybe as many as 4 or 5. Again, very good source, not straight from the papers!

Reading between the lines, perhaps getting Fer & Charlie off the wage bill is the catalyst for being able to bring in 4 or 5 Championship level players.
      this is what I'm hoping for, good luck Charlie, but move your a*se, there's work to be done here

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        this is what I'm hoping for, good luck Charlie, but move your a*se, there's work to be done here
        If those 4 or 5 expected in include 1 goalkeeper, 2 centre halves and a striker then I think we're set!

Comment

Get will be at sunderland by Tuesday coz he wants to play with his cousin, so another loan deal done there
          You Rsssssss

Comment

It was ment to say fer not get sorry folks
            You Rsssssss

Comment

How much quality can we get for this amount of money? Surely they must look abroad now. Or domestic loans will also do, of course. Not what Ramsey wants though.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

It was always likely to be Sunderland who took Fer, given the irony that had their player not crocked him, we probably wouldn't have got relegated. They benefitted as a result last season, and now rub salt in the wound.
                Last edited by Del; 02-08-2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I Agree with Del: The world of Premier league in a nutshell. IMO, we were relegated against Sunderland when Fer did his leg.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    If those 4 or 5 expected in include 1 goalkeeper, 2 centre halves and a striker then I think we're set!
                    And a left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      And a left back.
                      Not sure about that.

This Cole Kpekwa has looked pretty solid in pre-season, with Yun, Traore and Robinson all to come back from injuries and Perch and Hill who can also play there I reckon we'll stick with what we have at left back.

Comment

I know it's a weird situation to compare it to but think of Alderwield at Saints last season on loan. We won't get the fees we paid if we sell Fer and Caulker now but Alderwield has gone to Spurs for more money than if he was sold straight to saints last year. If Fer has a good season and we stay in the championship we could get the 6m back plus what Sunderland would pay as a loan fee. With Caulker we'd only have to get 6.5m for him next year which is much more likely than getting the full 8m we paid for him
                        i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          And a left back.

Possibly, but as we have 6 potential LB's at the club, possibly a 1 month loan until Yun / Traore are match fit (I know, I mentioned Traore & Match fit together - sorry)

I suspect 5th signing might be in Midfield. Ramsey seems keen on 1 more, with us linked to Palarse lad & Dutch kid..... Not saying we need one but if Fer goes and who knows if Sandro will ever be a legal, available, selectable or properly fit.....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            It was always likely to be Sunderland who took Fer, given the irony that had their player not crocked him, we probably wouldn't have got relegated. They benefitted as a result last season, and now rub salt in the wound.
                            Fer going for his hat-trick, don't fancy the Makems chances this season

Comment

Working...
                            X