crown and sceptre early 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crown and sceptre early 80's

Bumped into a fellow R while on holiday in France, been going since 70's same as me, can anyone remember the name of the husband and wife who ran the Crown and sceptre back trenches the pub used to get a mention in the programme almost every game when Michael wale had a column in it, I think they left to run a pub in battersea called the beehive, great times back then in the boozer on a matchday

Then not trenches, predictive touchscreens are the modern evil

Comment

Jim and mental block on wifes name
      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Jim Arnett. Used to play football with his son, Ray for the QPR supporters club. We toured Germany & Holland about 5 years on the spin.
        He went off with one of the players, Ian Toops, wife!!!
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
          Jim Arnett. Used to play football with his son, Ray for the QPR supporters club. We toured Germany & Holland about 5 years on the spin.
          He went off with one of the players, Ian Toops, wife!!!
          was lazlo hoffer playing for them ?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            was lazlo hoffer playing for them ?
            He sure was
            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

wife name was June
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                wife name was June
                Yes, that's them , anyone know if michael wale still goes to games ? He had a column in the programme and a slot on itv london news if I remember right.
                My matchday schedule back then was either crown and sceptre or the Beaumont which is now defectors weld and gone all poncey ! Might have been Beaufort arms can't quite remember, crown and sceptre still great n
                Matchday pub and really good grub. I remember when my daughter was born, June came out the pub and put a pound coin in the pram for luck.

Comment

The Irish couple who had the pub after were really nice too Jocey and forget the landlords Name. Proper pub until gastro vandalism ruined the best boozer in the bush .

Comment

Them cheese and onion crusty rolls behind the jump were the food of gods when you are on it early and need a stomach lining.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                      The Irish couple who had the pub after were really nice too Jocey and forget the landlords Name. Proper pub until gastro vandalism ruined the best boozer in the bush .
                      I like the grub in there and think it's best matchday grub in the area and decent selection of beer, not the pub of old though !

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                        He sure was
                        not seen him in years , was the 1st pub i ever got served in i was still at school , thought i'd arrived

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Yes, that's them , anyone know if michael wale still goes to games ? He had a column in the programme and a slot on itv london news if I remember right.
                          My matchday schedule back then was either crown and sceptre or the Beaumont which is now defectors weld and gone all poncey ! Might have been Beaufort arms can't quite remember, crown and sceptre still great n
                          Matchday pub and really good grub. I remember when my daughter was born, June came out the pub and put a pound coin in the pram for luck.
                          Michael wale died years ago. he was a nice bloke.
                          Nothing to prove

Comment

Working...
                          X