• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    Goon squad mate
    Or Gooners squad

Comment

Always needed money from the big sales of Austin, Fer, Phillips and possibly Sandro to sign any 'real' signings. Until 1 or more of those players were sold we were always going to go for the young hungry players in lower divisions and abroad (Im sure this was made clear before window even opened??) Which seems to be the case.... Also obviously everyone new the likelihood was very very high that these players would go, so the 1 thing we all as fans and as a club ask for is that their valuations are at least met. And that also seems to be the case.

If we're to have a Remy like situation where a player leaves right at the death and we're left with no cover, then we've got the loan market as back up(?), which I'd also imagine LF and CR have targets in mind if that happens. But as it stands we're only doing what we've all been crying out the club do for quite a few years now.... or not?

For me this season is and always has been about survival. With the young squad we've got of course theres going to be a risk of slipping down the table (suppose you could also argue with the attacking minded players we've now got they could gell great and go on a number of winning sprees). But if we can stay in this division and as each season passes we continue to build with the 'right type' of player, which we seem to be doing. Then soon we WILL have our Rangers back and when that day comes and we do go up we'll be prepared/good enough to compete in the Premiership!

...Just my happy clapping opinion of course!
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Always needed money from the big sales of Austin, Fer, Phillips and possibly Sandro to sign any 'real' signings. Until 1 or more of those players were sold we were always going to go for the young hungry players in lower divisions and abroad (Im sure this was made clear before window even opened??) Which seems to be the case.... Also obviously everyone new the likelihood was very very high that these players would go, so the 1 thing we all as fans and as a club ask for is that their valuations are at least met. And that also seems to be the case.

If we're to have a Remy like situation where a player leaves right at the death and we're left with no cover, then we've got the loan market as back up(?), which I'd also imagine LF and CR have targets in mind if that happens. But as it stands we're only doing what we've all been crying out the club do for quite a few years now.... or not?

For me this season is and always has been about survival. With the young squad we've got of course theres going to be a risk of slipping down the table (suppose you could also argue with the attacking minded players we've now got they could gell great and go on a number of winning sprees). But if we can stay in this division and as each season passes we continue to build with the 'right type' of player, which we seem to be doing. Then soon we WILL have our Rangers back and when that day comes and we do go up we'll be prepared/good enough to compete in the Premiership!

...Just my happy clapping opinion of course!
        Top post mate.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Nice nick. Agree totally.

Comment

Bill we all recognise the dangers of losing our best players at the death - Newcastle in particular are clearly testing our resolve with Austin. I got slated on here for suggesting we would struggle to get 15m for him, but so it has proved. The deal will go down to the wire, as it probably will do with one of Fer or Philips. But what is your solution? A relegated club that has clearly overspent and in desperate need of recouping money is always going to be vulnerable to Prem clubs waving a cheque book in our face. The test will be what happens then: have we lined up replacements? As long as we have I see no reason to attack the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I can see it happening all over again players going on last day of window and we will be up a creek
              without a paddle again
              Rather than bellyaching, look at the facts. We don't actually have to sell anyone. This isn't the Remy situation where he had a release clause that was met. We're in the driving seat here.

The constant moaning this transfer window is bloody ridiculous.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Rather than bellyaching, look at the facts. We don't actually have to sell anyone. This isn't the Remy situation where he had a release clause that was met. We're in the driving seat here.

No surprise in your responses I seem to be in a minority but the facts
                are who is going to score 20 goals for us this coming season,Perch someone said is the replacement
                for Caulker sorry he is primarily Right back.

Another poster said we have replaced the players we let go with JET,the lads from Swindon and Mackie etc
                we didn't let them go they were out of contract and we did not renew for obvious reasons.

Another poster said we do have loans to fall back on but Ramsey has stated he does not want loans.

QPR Richard stated we don't have to sell yet Ramsey and Ferdinand have said we need money so
                I find his post a little confusing.

Nevertheless you all seem to talk the talk question is will the team will walk the walk as with a week to
                go before the season starts to put it mildly we are very short in certain areas and lack experience as well.

I hope the team does come good and we all enjoy some good entertaining football.

Just one question if by any chance Traore plays what are your respective feelings about this just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  It is deffo getting the worst its ever been on here mate. Really feels like there is more posters against Rangers than for them.
                  Think a few people are worried about the prospect of having to witness yet another leaky defence. Hence the PANIC
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

No replies so I assume nobody has any answers

Comment

I must admit, reading these posts i am neither positive or negative about the current situation. I am not massively impressed with the signings but my Swindon mate rates them highly.

However something's do currently confuse me and something's impress...for example we are not being bullied by Newcastle I to a cheap deal... But I am confused with the Green situation and Ramsey not 100% he will stay. Caulker for me was not good enough and I would like us to invest in two lower league promising centre defenders(like we did with Tilson and Peacock).

One thing I do agree with, is let's give this new set up a chance. If at christmas we are sitting below mid table I feel we have a right to moan and we should call a big Sam type character.

Anyway...don't you all find the ups and downs of our club exciting :-)

Comment

I think our "Jack & the Beanstalk" strategy may work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Think a few people are worried about the prospect of having to witness yet another leaky defence. Hence the PANIC
                          IF,and that's a big IF,Ramsey can tighten the defence up,I see no reason why we can't go for top 6 as we have some quite exciting players going forward! (My opinion obviously )
                          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

I think most of us are trying to 'big up' all our signings and cross or fingers that CA LF and MP won't leave. We could be top 6 with that.

In reality, we'll be mid -table, no chance of relegation.

Comment

Ramsey TODAY we need the money

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Bill we all recognise the dangers of losing our best players at the death - Newcastle in particular are clearly testing our resolve with Austin. I got slated on here for suggesting we would struggle to get 15m for him, but so it has proved. The deal will go down to the wire, as it probably will do with one of Fer or Philips. But what is your solution? A relegated club that has clearly overspent and in desperate need of recouping money is always going to be vulnerable to Prem clubs waving a cheque book in our face. The test will be what happens then: have we lined up replacements? As long as we have I see no reason to attack the club.
                                Get players out earlyget new players in and have a conscious effort to have a well prepared team that is well on the way to gelling and being ready for the season,even
                                if it means we let the likes of AUSTIN go for 12 mill or so.....good preparation is vital

Comment

Working...
                                X