Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cole Kpekwa be the breakthrough player this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Cole Kpekwa be the breakthrough player this year?

For all the talk about the likes of Furlong, Doughty and RGC it seems young Kpekwa has gone under the radar somewhat.

In terms of pre season, along with Doughty he is probably the only youngster who has consistently impressed when given game time.

Unfortunately for Doughty, we're pretty overrun with midfielders currently. Whilst I DO think he'll feature this season, it will only be because of injuries/suspensions/cup games.

This is where is gets interesting for Cole Kpekwa. The LB spot is pretty much up for grabs. Yun and Robinson are both injured and as it stands (unless we buy somebody), he has every chance of starting against Charlton.

Whats everybodies thoughts? I know, I know...early days and i'm not touting him as the next big thing like some of our fans did with Furlong last season. I'm simply asking, do you think he can make the LB spot his own?

Looks good doesn't he? Got to give him time he's young and will make mistakes but looks very promising ,Doughty i thought looked a yard of the pace against Dundee , but looks good on the ball have been impressed with Luongo and i think Cherry looks a real top addition

Comment

If he is, we'll sell in january

Comment

Unfortunately giving young players time isnt something we as QPR fans are very good at. Furlong being the prime example. 1 non awful showing and all of sudden people were claiming he should be our first choice RB!!

For the record I wasnt impressed with Furlong at Hull. He didnt make any mistakes defensivly but was the catalyst behind the incident that saw Barton sent off by making a late challenge.

Kpekwa seems to have done well out on loan and has looked solid in pre season. Hopefully he comes good but we need to be realistic with our expectations of these youngsters.

Comment

Thought he looked promising in preseason. Big lad for a full back and likes to get forward. Looks a bit like Tyrone Mings and if he can play like him that would be a serious find

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
            Unfortunately giving young players time isnt something we as QPR fans are very good at. Furlong being the prime example. 1 non awful showing and all of sudden people were claiming he should be our first choice RB!!

For the record I wasnt impressed with Furlong at Hull. He didnt make any mistakes defensivly but was the catalyst behind the incident that saw Barton sent off by making a late challenge.

Kpekwa seems to have done well out on loan and has looked solid in pre season. Hopefully he comes good but we need to be realistic with our expectations of these youngsters.
            Unfortunately its not just at Qpr , money in the game now has made every fan impatient , there's no time now for youth why blood youth when you can buy,buy.buy , we give players now 1 game if there lucky before we judge them

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
              it seems young Kpekwa has gone under the radar somewhat.
              Not on mine. Have been very impressed with him since Italy.

One who has gone under the radar is our young Montserrat player Brandon Comley who also looks an excellent prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Not on mine. Have been very impressed with him since Italy.

One who has gone under the radar is our young Montserrat player Brandon Comley who also looks an excellent prospect.
                He came on away at Leicester last game of the season didn't he?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    I think he did Matty. He's also made a few appearances this pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      yeah he did mate. There are a few others that are showing promise; Axel Prohouly (18 year old we signed from Monaco), Aaron Mitchell and Brandon Adams (striker u18s, seemed to score for fun last season)

Comment

Ramsey has said he is pushing him hard and that he hopes this season will be big for him so lets hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                          No
                          Why not?
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

If i have too between Kpekawa and Hill. It's Kpekawa

Comment

Originally posted by QprQpr View Post
                              No
                              Is this actually based on any intelligent info such as having seen him play etc or just more negative ######## ?

Comment

Working...
                              X