Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting quote from Amit

...in this article.

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/p...10751.article?

He may have eluded to this before, but I'm not sure he's ever come out quite so clearly and stated it - has he? (perhaps I missed it).

Obviously the article is somewhat misleading, as the Mittal family are not sole owners.

Ok actually I read that he said this in May in a linked article - missed that originally.

Comment

“QPR is not an investment, the family has never deemed that as an investment – ever. For us this is a passion. You can’t put the same metrics you do to a business to a football club.”
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Kind of heart-warming to read, isn't it Matty ? (so long as the passion doesn't fade!)

Comment

Says all the right things. Always.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

If only Flavio and Bernie had sold the club to Amit/Mittal 4 years ago.
            To be fair, I was pretty confident in Fernandes 4 years ago
            and I don't recall anyone being critical of him at the beginning.
            Hindsight is a wonderful thing and some might argue that
            Amit might not have done much better in the PL, but I wonder...
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Tony has certainly put his money where his mouth is in the past but it hasn't worked out and he has been guilty of being a bit too naive. I do sometimes wonder how we wouldve done if Amit and Ishan Saksena had carried on being in charge. Its down to them that we won the championship imo.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

In the four years Tony has been here not one of his promises have come to fruition and I'm struggling to think of one decision he has made that has been good for the club.

I really do not want him in control when/if we build and move to a new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Tony has certainly put his money where his mouth is in the past but it hasn't worked out and he has been guilty of being a bit too naive. I do sometimes wonder how we wouldve done if Amit and Ishan Saksena had carried on being in charge. Its down to them that we won the championship imo.
                  Could TF of made all those decisions, and spent all that money without Amit & co agreeing to it? I wouldn't of thought so personally. So for me it's a joint enterprise. Not sure Amit would of done much better on his own if I'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                    In the four years Tony has been here not one of his promises have come to fruition and I'm struggling to think of one decision he has made that has been good for the club.

I really do not want him in control when/if we build and move to a new stadium.
                    Sanctioning the signing of Charlie Austin was a good idea.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      Could TF of made all those decisions, and spent all that money without Amit & co agreeing to it? I wouldn't of thought so personally. So for me it's a joint enterprise. Not sure Amit would of done much better on his own if I'm honest.
                      Agree.

I think TF gets a lot of unfair criticism from fans. As mentioned, he's put his money where his mouth is and supported every manager he's had. By employing them in that capacity, he has to trust their judgement and when they've asked for certain players, even very unlikely ones ala Remy / Samba, he has backed them.

In hindsight it was a quick fix option that backfired, but we've all been crying out for a chaiman prepared to back the manager for years prior, so we can't moan when they do. They are now taking a more slow and steady approach, which i for one am all for as i think it will reap much better dividends in the long term, ala Southampton who had to drop to League 1 to start again. Fans hated it at first, but the lower standard allowed them to play a lot of their brilliant academy products at the same time and they grew together gaining valuable first team football in the process, which they wouldnt have got if the club were in the top flight. Look at them now.

As for other promises not being delivered.... well things like the training ground and stadium were never going to happen quickly were they? Steps are being taken and efforts ongoing and for me he has been fantastic for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Just to be clear, I'm very much in the fernandes camp. Just an observation that he has shown a bit of naivety.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Reason why TF gets all the stick is simply because he's the most/only one who's vocal about everything thats happening at the club... and when these plans/ideas dont work out he's the 1 who gets the stick. Mainly because he's the one whos talking/tweeting about it. It almost comes accross as if they're all 'his' ideas.... Also in the way that he is so vocal about certain ideas/plans, he almost makes them sound a dead cert that they will happen. And if they dont it all falls on him!..... Not putting the guy down but he's his own worst enemy.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Reason why TF gets all the stick is simply because he's the most/only one who's vocal about everything thats happening at the club... Not putting the guy down but he's his own worst enemy.
                            Hang on, I thought I was supposed to be his worst enemy?
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

And from Tony

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 5 hrs5 hours ago
                              Happy with the tremendous work done by les lee and Chris. We got good people who care and think long term. Lots and lots to do . Love QPR

Comment

Working...
                              X