SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    He was pretty bad but I can definitely think of a fair few who have been worse.
    I cant.

Comment

That's Shauny Sugerpuff you're all moaning about

Apart from the Chelsea goal can't think of anything else he did to impress
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        I cant.
        John Curtis, Adam Czerkas, Alessandro Pellicori, Matteo Alberti, Marcin Kus, Danny Nardiello, Ned Zelic, Mark Hateley, Mike Sheron, Keith Rowland, Simon Walton, Bob Malcolm, Ben Sahar, Modibo Maiga, Will Keane, Kieran Lee, Egutu Oliseh, Sammy Koejoe, Eric Sabin...need I go on?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

John Curtis, Adam Czerkas, Alessandro Pellicori, Matteo Alberti, Marcin Kus, Danny Nardiello, Ned Zelic, Mark Hateley, Mike Sheron, Keith Rowland, Simon Walton, Bob Malcolm, Ben Sahar, Modibo Maiga, Will Keane, Kieran Lee, Egutu Oliseh, Sammy Koejoe, Eric Sabin...need I go on?
          I'd have each and every one of those back at Loftus Rd before SWP.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            I'd have each and every one of those back at Loftus Rd before SWP.
            You nutter
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              MLS fans, no not really. the standard of that league is so bad, its incredible. I've been to a few matches across the nation - NY, Seattle, Portland. and (before you says its better now) I've seen it over the recent years.
              Seen grown men think that a 2014 Obafemi Martins was god. And seen a 2013 Thierry Henry curl a corner directly into the goal. The Columbus Crew keeper didnt have a scooby.

hope this post doesnt offend the canadians on here. I know gator is a Toronto FC fan. (the team that is making Jozy Altidore look like black jesus)
              Its pretty hard to offend Canadians; most are realists & understand the building concept & how long it takes. Gator is very much upto date on what is the acceptable level currently.
              I also follow Toronto FC closely, as I guess they are my local team (albeit, 100 miles away - but with a few QPR connections); back in 2006 when they first entered the MLS, I believe there was a 2 year waiting list for season tickets (I'm sure if I get any facts incorrect, Gator will step in to correct). Trying to get a ticket to a league fixture, was almost impossible.
              The level of football back then was close to English Division 2 standards. Fast-forward 9 years, & the level has improved considerably. Some teams are now able to perform at Championship level.
              Most look at MLS as a retirement village for over age players; & yes that has been the case for many years, but one thing that has changed, is that North American born players are now starting to turn down moves to European clubs in favour of helping build this league (Clint Dempsey being just one example).

Also, if you look at The U.S. national team, you can see that they are starting to improve year over year as the investment has been made at grassroots level in an abundance.
              In Canada, football (soucker)is currently the fastest growing sport. I believe much of the success is down to the old 'Jumpers for goal posts' - a cheap game to take up at a young age with very little equipment required. Most sports over here (ice hockey NFl, CFL, baseball etc) require a lot of expensive equipment to get started.

I reckon the one thing holding back football over here currently, is the lack of a league system. There is no relegation; therefore, once it is mathematically impossible to make the play-offs, teams start to field their younger less experienced players, which imo, makes a mockery of the sport.

MLS, will keep going from strength to strength, but until a league system is introduced with promotion & relegation available, this process may be painfully slow.

On a side note, I find it quite scary that Portland Timbers have a friggin large chainsaw only feet away from their fanatical supporters. Whenever they score, a lumberjack jumps up, grabs the chainsaw & chops off a piece of wood to hand to the goal scorer

Could you imagine this at LR? - Ted would have a field day
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

.........erm cough... cough, Can i just say think he'll do well over there

Comment

At least Alberti scored 2 goals !

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                    No respect for SWP for choosing to sit on the bench and collect weaves rather than go and play somewhere else.
                    Well his auntie does own a Caribbean hair dressers so you can't exactly fault him for wanting to help her out with stock. Should be commended if anything.

Comment

good post frag, but with most of your points I had a rebuttal in mind already. not really keen on getting into it, since as an american citizen i want an american league to do well. and also im not really keen on having this out on an SWP thread. the only response to 1 of your points that I will make is the league structure point: many N American sports are like that: MLS, NBA, NFL. rather than like the European system where TF has QPR and only QPR's interests at heart, Roger Goodell is the head of the NFL and literally works on behalf of all the owners. That Rich Scuddamore jerk who is the head of the Prem League doesn't do that for Mike Ashley, Gold & Sullivan, Sheik Mansoor, the Glazers, etc. In the end, the lack of competition from that respect is yet another point that hurts the competitive level of MLS.

and yeah, the lumberjack thing at PTFC is weird. though Portland, NYRB, a bunch of teams have many fans that turn around in row 1 of each section and lead the singing, rather than watch the bloody game theyve paid a season ticket for. very weird. ive been told its the S American way.
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I was thinking about this today, the US have beat us at national level already. My question is will they ever become bigger and better than the EPL?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          .still disgusted at ramsey for giving him a game at city , didn't deserve it from us , stole his wages every week
                          Yeah that was kick in the gonads.

The thing is you get rewarded for failure in Football.

Comment

Working...
                          X