If I could ask for your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I could ask for your help

It's been a long time since I have been here, but I am asking for a favour from you Rangers fans.

A couple of months ago I was picked up by a publisher for a satirical history book about Manchester City, but now I'm writing about 93:20. However, I want all views from as many different club fans as possible. It doesn't even need to be City-centric or indeed exclusively about that day; if it relates to that day somehow I am interested.

The book will cover everyone that day, the entire season and then a giant chapter concerning that day.

I have set up an email a/c that I do not mind going public: bluewolf1894@yahoo.com if people have stories to send. Or if you prefer you can post them here perhaps invoking other's memories. No matter what it is, no matter where you live in this World, I would like to hear it.

Thank you in advance.

Well for what it's worth, I do actually have vivid memories of that day.

I remember getting off the train at New Cross Gate, I was with my mate. We walked towards the Sainsburys and overheard a geezer on the phone talking about the result. The match wasn't over at this point. Once he got off the phone I asked him the result and he gave me the good news - we were 1-2 up. Me and my mate started celebrating at which point he starts asking if we're "Rangers" - I remember where we are it's Millwall around there, but I didn't care it was one bloke. We sharpen up a bit and are both "Yeah, we're Rangers and what?", so this bloke starts asking what were doing around here, I don't answer, I just turn it around on him and ask who he is. To my surprise he tells us he's "Chelsea" - We both look at him with disgust and then ask what he's doing in the area? At this point the dynamics of the conversation changed. We started grilling him, he then started to insist that he was "old Chelsea" we knew what he meant by that but didn't care, he became a little sheepish all alone in South London and tried turning the conversation. He then told us how he had £200 on City to win. We eventually left and got on a bus to Camberwell. For that brief journey we were both very happy, we were beating City, avoiding relegation and some muppet Chelsea fan was going to lose £200 and had delivered the good news!

When we got into Camberwell I could see in the various barber shops people celebrating - In areas with large foreign populations you get a lot of support for the bigger clubs, so I knew it didn't bode well for us. My phone started buzzing, it was brother texting me - "Are you watching this?" I replied - "Is it over? Are we down?" He informed me we were still up, so I told him I'd wait to watch Match Of The Day. I felt sense of relief to still be up, but was also left bit deflated after the brief moment of jubilation.

Comment

To be involved in probably the most memorable moment in premier league history..... Worth the wait!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

The second the City winner went in I kept hitting the refresh button on my iPhone to bring up the Stoke- Bolton result to see if Stoke could keep us up.

Comment

The atmosphere inside the Etihad that day after the final whilst was on another level. Most of my mates are Man United fans and I remember getting texts from at least 6 or 7 of them giving me grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            The second the City winner went in I kept hitting the refresh button on my iPhone to bring up the Stoke- Bolton result to see if Stoke could keep us up.
            The Stoke - Bolton game had already finished a couple of minutes before that winner of city

Comment

watching footage of Qpr fans at the ground celebrating a city goal as they new we were safe by then and that goal meant UTD were not champions
              Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Was a pleasure to be there, us staying up, & you winning the league was perfect really.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver0203 View Post
                  The Stoke - Bolton game had already finished a couple of minutes before that winner of city
                  Yeah mate. But I wasn't at Stoke, was I? And the BBC hadn't reported that on the match webpage nor had the Sky commentary at the time I was frantically hitting the refresh button. But thanks for the info........

Comment

As glad as I am that United didn't win the league. I still feel sick we didn't win that game and stay up on our own.

Comment

The look on Fergie's face was priceless

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                        As glad as I am that United didn't win the league. I still feel sick we didn't win that game and stay up on our own.
                        Exactly the same as me.

I still hate seeing that Aguero goal even now

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                          Exactly the same as me.

I still hate seeing that Aguero goal even now
                          +1.

You should never, ever, not mind defeat.

Comment

Thanks, guys, appreciate it

Comment

1 stayed in a hotel that weekend in manchester. left the mrs in asda outside the ground and went in with the kids , they were selling scarves with " man city champions" on them i said to one of them you've won nothing yet . all the mancs i spoke to were calling the game as a 3 or 4 nil result to them , all dead sure and cocky this was their year ..... the disbelief on their faces when we went 2 - 1 up was a sight to see , you could feel the tension , panic , pain from them, they got back to 2-2 and then aguero did the rest i was in a daze the whole place went mental , grown men were crying tears of joy , relief and shock .... i got the kids and got out of the ground quickly . i ran into the scarf seller by asda he told me he had thrown the scarves in the bin at 90 mins but had to run and retrieve them at the final whistle , and he had now put the price up ......... great day will always live on in my memory . well done city

Comment

Working...
                              X