• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may not want to move house, but still I don't want him
    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Well if doesn't choose us you'll be happy, and if he does chooes us then he turned down 3/4 other clubs in favour of us...ie he wants to play for us
      I actually will be very happy if he doesn't choose us because we can do a lot better than West Ham's 4th choice striker.

If he does choose us, I'll be looking out for the "Once I heard QPR were after me, the choice was easy to make" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Your comments haven't been no he's rubbish it's been he doesn't fit the ethos which to me is laughable.

He's not a boswinga or swap who were slumming it at QPR on a retirement package. He's been at a mid table prem club earning average money for a footballer in the prem and now wants first team football.
        31 and now wants first team football?

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
          He is 31, in the last 5 years he has played 151 league games including 40 in the Championship. In this time he has scored a staggering 29 goals of which 14 were in the Championship season. Stealing a living does not even come close.
          And there you have it - the numbers don't lie. The bloke is pony, End of.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
            And there you have it - the numbers don't lie. The bloke is pony, End of.
            He's no world beater is he? Personally though I'd have him on a free if he was happy with 2 years and a Championship salary. He'd be a useful option in that league and a different proposition to any of our other strikers!

Comment

Your predicting things you just don't know and making presumptions on no hard facts.
              He's been linked with us many times over the last few seasons, particularly when Redknapp was here, and chose to stay on the bench at West Ham. In my opinion, those rumours are feasible and if he wanted to play for us, he could have already done so.

What you and the other poster are doing is stereotyping be aisle of old mistakes. Your comments haven't been no he's rubbish it's been he doesn't fit the ethos which to me is laughable.
              I'm not stereotyping at all and if you took the time to ready back, I have also said that he doesn't score enough goals for me to be worthwhile for us.

I'm merely backing up the ethos comment because the players we've brought in have said they want to be part of what is going on, which is great to hear after the debacle of Hughes and Redknapp. Carlton Cole, for me, just seems like he knows this is his last move and therefore is he really up for busting a gut for us?

Comment

Would have had him last time we were in championship, not now.

Comment

Please NO. Another Zamora, big lump who hardly ever scored in their prime, so why on earth do we want them at the tail end of their career ffs.

Comment

Carlton Cole

We are in talks apparently

Comment

Not overly upset with that he will bring muscle and experience to a young side, if true !

Comment

Its Q Block Petes slop bucket who tweeted this so it is probably made up #EDLsports

Comment

There's a Twitter account called transfer centre live which are always on the money also reporting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            There's a Twitter account called transfer centre live which are always on the money also reporting it.
                            Makes more sense EDL sports probably just retweeted it

Comment

He has been training at a gym in Uxbridge as well recently

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                Not overly upset with that he will bring muscle and experience to a young side, if true !
                                Agree..........................Ian Taylor said he knew nothing about this, but then he has to doesn't he.

Comment

Working...
                                X