Karl Henry signs one year extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl Henry signs one year extension

Expected to sign a new contract early this week: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...-new-contract?

Great extension when done. Exactly what you need in this division especially with younger side going forwards

As suggested him a Ale could be top centre if Ale stays fit

Comment

Your Karl Henry's and your Shaun Derry's are worth their weight in gold in the rough and tumble of the championship.

Great news.

Comment

Very pleased to see Kelvin resign. Especially because he's a Tory.

Comment

Brilliant signing. Effective spoiler. Every team needs one.

Comment

Happy with this. Really won me over Kelvin, top bloke.

Comment

Confirmed by the club now.

======

KARL Henry has agreed a new contract at Loftus Road.

The experienced midfielder, 32, has today (Monday) signed a new one year deal, exercising the option to extend his stay in W12.

Henry joined Rangers on a free transfer in July 2013 and has since made 47 starts and 17 substitute appearances, scoring one goal.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Henry expressed his pleasure at putting pen to paper, commenting: “I’m pleased to have taken up my year’s option.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead with this group of players.

“Hopefully we can bounce back from last year’s disappointments and give the fans something positive to shout about.”

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, believes Henry’s experience will be crucial this season, adding: “Karl showed last season, in a difficult campaign for us, what he can bring to the side, so we’re pleased he’s taken his option up.

“Experienced players are going to be key for us in the Championship this season, especially with the younger signings we’ve already signed this summer.

“Karl’s heart, energy, desire and quality will be really important for us this coming season.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ka...lKU7S1iC3K4.99

Comment

Great news if he does. He was one of our highlights last season and he really won over a lot of QPR fans with his consistently high level of performance doing exactly what he was asked to do, week in week out. Absolutely perfect for the Championship, and for me probabaly a good shout for captain now Barton's gone.

Comment

Dont think hes ever had a bad game for us, even when were really bad he was always steady and chasing the ball down. Very pleased, so pleased im contemplating tweeting him and thanking him for re signing and i dont ever tweet.

Comment

Now that idiot Barton has gone, watch him blossom, he could have probably gone to several championship clubs, pleased he has stayed.
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Great news. As said above, the work horses in the middle that do the mucky stuff are exactly what is needed in the Championship. No frills, but 100% effective.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Great news. As said above, the work horses in the middle that do the mucky stuff are exactly what is needed in the Championship. No frills, but 100% effective.
                        I thought we were re signing him to tear up the left wing again and to terrorize fullbacks?

Comment

Exactly Matt, very pleased with this news.

Comment

I always thought he was a dirty player and just kicked others before he came to us, if he can perform next season anywhere near what he did last season will be a good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                              Now that idiot Barton has gone, watch him blossom, he could have probably gone to several championship clubs, pleased he has stayed.
                              I always got the impression that despite Joey giving 110% most of the time - he was a real pain in the ar$e in the player mix. Narcissistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X