Very much a hypothetical question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very much a hypothetical question...

If Charlie decided he wanted to stay and help us back up, would the powers to be be happy with this or would they want him gone for the cash?

I think they would be happy. They'd have to be total idiots not to be happy when a prolific goalscorer displays such loyalty and dedication just when he is more needed than ever.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I can't imagine anyone being unhappy if Charlie Austin decided to stay. If he stayed and we built a strong squad that got promoted they pay out would be much greater than selling him for £15mil. Even if just stays until January to help us for the first part of the season, the price tag wold still be the same as he would still be banging in the goals.

Comment

I think they would be over the moon and should then spend the next 12months tying him down to a long term contract like Watford done with Deeny

Comment

I think they'd be a bit of both, although if Charlie signed a new contract (reducing the chances of him going for nothing in 12months),then it'd be a lot more happy overall.

Comment

No-one involved with the club would be unhappy if Charlie wanted to stay.

Comment

He's on manageble wages as came to us in the championship, and would score goals for fun in the league and give us a very strong chance or promotion back to the Prem gravy train as a result.... why would they not be happy.

Comment

If i remember right Andy Johnson scored nearly 20 goals for Palace in PL when they relegated,but he still stayed there. Let's hope that Charlie do the same

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                  If i remember right Andy Johnson scored nearly 20 goals for Palace in PL when they relegated,but he still stayed there. Let's hope that Charlie do the same
                  11 of those goals were penalties.

Comment

I think the question is this.

IF Charlie wanted to stay, GREAT... 100% Keep. But "Charlie will you sign a 4 year deal with club? If not will sign a 1 year extension?"

At the end of the day, as much as I hate to say this I dont think we are a big enough club to reject £15million for a player who is in the last year of his contract.

Comment

They want to sell him even more than he wants to leave I imagine. He won't sign a new contract if this one is allowed to go into its final year. And we want our 15 mill.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                        They want to sell him even more than he wants to leave I imagine. He won't sign a new contract if this one is allowed to go into its final year. And we want our 15 mill.
                        How would anyone know this? Or is this just your opinion. The club offered him a new deal I thought?

Technically the player is worth more than £15 million if he signs a new contract.

1. Puts bums on seats
                        2. Scores goals meaning more chance of promotion to a very rich league

I doubt they would sell, but 1 year left gives them very little option.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                          How would anyone know this?
                          Basic economics. Maximise an asset before its worth SFA.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I think they would be over the moon and should then spend the next 12months tying him down to a long term contract like Watford done with Deeny
                            Absolutely no chance. If he was going to sign a new contract he would have done it 6 months ago. There are only 2 real options with Austin; sell him now for £15 mill or keep him for 1 season, hope he fires us to promotion but watch him walk that summer. Dont think Deeney was ever allowed to run his contract so low which puts the player in such a strong negotiation position, that he knows he could walk into a mega contract in under 12 months if he sees it out

Comment

If he wanted to stay then he should sign a new contract unless he just wants to stay to get a mega contract in 12 months which isnt really showing loyalty

Comment

Working...
                              X