No announcement yet.

7m bid for Phillips refused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we'll get plenty of loans in, though, in next few months. Wait and see!

Comment

Personally I think McCarthy is worth much more than 2m. More like 5-6m. We should not take any less. Plus iff the black cats want to pay 2.5m for toillet lets get rid
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
        Maids, if you think we'll spend @ 12 - 16 mill in the next month or so on new signings I think you're being hugely unrealistic. Even if we get 15 mill for Austin, 7-8 for Phillips, 6 mill for Fer, Sandro loaned out for the season (which I think will happen) 2m for McCarthy, 1.5 m for Hoillett, and 2m for etiher Onuoha or Caulker (I reckon one will go and one stay) I just cant see us spending more than @ 8 million max on transfer fees. FFP could still be a problem and probably won't be resolved quickly for a start, remember. Hughes & Redknapp's appalling judgement and our owners naivete when it came to signings and contracts mean we've got/will have relatively little to spend. Mid-table most likely outcome, outside chance of relegation. But greater chance of going down than finishing top 6, I think, though pretty sure we'll be safe.
        Hmmm firstly some of your valuations of some of our players I would cry at - 2 mill for McCarthy, 6 for Fer and 2mill for caulker?
        The club are using this FFP perfectly atm. For the first time in years people believe we have restrictions on funds and we aren't being mugged off. Ramsey les constantly in the media saying we haven't got this and that yet we keep doing business lol.
        FFP is being sorted and as most should know the rules have been relaxed again in the last week or two. The football league don't have a case and no restrictions have ever been announced or imposed on QPR?

The club still needs players and it needs a few with a bit of quality now. 15 mill for Charlie, 10 for matty and possibly 8-10 for Fer. That 33 mill atleast And we might sell hoilett or Sandro.

I hardly think it's excessive to expect the club to spend 10-15 mill of that on new recruits. We are linked with Byrne 2.5 mill, Gary, 4 mill, adomah 2 mill plus already and there are cases to be made for 2 or 3 additions on that.

We need a decent striker and the club might just go and get us a Rhodes or gayle. I wouldn't rule it out. The club are being very shrewd atm and are squeezing that extra 1,2 or 3 million quid out of our stars we are selling. It puts more back into the pot.

Though I respect your opinion mate I think your be very surprised.

Comment

If we spend £10mill over the rest of this window I will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            West London Sport @WestLondonSport
            #QPR reject bid from #WBA for Philips and want £10m: http://www.westlondonsport.com/?p=87675 pic.twitter.com/wLjhAy8UnW
            Good to hear. We are finally starting to play a decent game in the transfer market. If you want one of our good players you are going to have to pay a premium price. I think £10m is about right.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
              Good to hear. We are finally starting to play a decent game in the transfer market. If you want one of our good players you are going to have to pay a premium price. I think £10m is about right.
              It's great to see dsqpr. Sounds a little cringe but got to say I can feel a lot of respect and pride coming back. Feel like we are slowly but surely getting the Proper qpr back.

Comment

If they come back with any offer higher then we have to sell him I reckon, good player but that's the most he will ever be worth

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  If they come back with any offer higher then we have to sell him I reckon, good player but that's the most he will ever be worth
                  Agree mate, he's a massive confidence player. Without that a few times he's been pretty useless. Been great towards end of the season though, credit to him.

Comment

£7 to £10 million !!??!!

Strike a light ! He had a handful of good games last season, and too often went missing previously...

Very very good business.

Comment

I read that wba put in for 22mil for charlie and matty. if that's 15mil for charlie and 7mil for matty, thats good business no??
                      am I missing a trick here?? i reckon the 7 mil for matty might be the undervalued piece, but not bad for what we paid for him.

mind, i wouldnt hate it if he said for the upcoming season (matty)
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I want the £22mil if deal was done upfront not over extended period. Tonnes of money in prem no need to wait

Comment

Probably settle on £8.5m

A good return on a player we've had for a very short time. Would prefer to keep him but if he's destined to go im just glad we're getting a good return on our initial outlay for once.

Comment

Originally posted by West Mids QPR View Post
                            £7 to £10 million !!??!!

Strike a light ! He had a handful of good games last season, and too often went missing previously...

Very very good business.
                            Most people wanted him out on here pre-Christmas. He's very patchy!

Comment

I think Phillips is quality but at the end of the day, pretty much all our players are replaceable so if we can get £10m out of West Brom that HAS to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                                Most people wanted him out on here pre-Christmas. He's very patchy!
                                Not sure I agree. Before Christmas he wasn't playing, hence why some may have wanted him out. As soon as he got game time, he performed consistently.

I agree with Jimmy, would like to keep him for next year, but if he is guna go then we should be doubling our money (didn't we spend £4m on him?). I think he will def be sold, I just hope we milk WBA (or whoever else buy him) for every penny we can.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X