No announcement yet.

Bournemouth to bid £14 million for Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day and still no official bid. Dragging on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Another day and still no official bid. Dragging on this.
      Yep, would have expected all the summer transfers to have been completed by now. The transfer window's been open for a full 6 days now and closes in a mere seven weeks or so.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Austin --Bournemouth.

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        Are Bournemouth in danger of breaching FFP? been splashing the dosh big time

Can't see this happening, he wouldn't fancy another relegation scrap, get demoted twice ?
        If he can't get a top 6 club he may as well stay here, bang in a load of Goals in the Championship, move next year...

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Yep, would have expected all the summer transfers to have been completed by now. The transfer window's been open for a full 6 days now and closes in a mere seven weeks or so.
          Not all, just this one, a proven English goal scorer who in your words is going for nearly half his value! So why hasn't he sold immediately then, anything on sale half price flies out

Comment

There is probably reluctance from a lot of clubs becasue Charlie has only done it for one season in the prem. Many strikers have a great first season and then 2nd season syndrome kicks in and they ar enot as effective. Remember thel ikes of Michael Ricketts for Bolton, banged in goals, got an England cap then dissapapeared without a trace, Marcus Stewart at Ipswich scored loads then never repeated, and the likes of Andy Johnson also never repeated their first season, although more than half of his goals were pens.

Charlie has a good goal record and is a good finisher, but he lacks pace and most teams will want their stirkers to have pace so he's certainly not for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              There is probably reluctance from a lot of clubs becasue Charlie has only done it for one season in the prem. Many strikers have a great first season and then 2nd season syndrome kicks in and they ar enot as effective. Remember thel ikes of Michael Ricketts for Bolton, banged in goals, got an England cap then dissapapeared without a trace, Marcus Stewart at Ipswich scored loads then never repeated, and the likes of Andy Johnson also never repeated their first season, although more than half of his goals were pens.

Charlie has a good goal record and is a good finisher, but he lacks pace and most teams will want their stirkers to have pace so he's certainly not for everyone.
              Can't disageree with that. £15m would be a decent price. I think we will get it though, simply because he is English and there aren't many decent strikers around.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Can't disageree with that. £15m would be a decent price. I think we will get it though, simply because he is English and there aren't many decent strikers around.
                £15m is a pittance for someone who's scored 18 goals in the PL. Buy the time he does go I bet we have at a minimum 4 official bids on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  £15m is a pittance for someone who's scored 18 goals in the PL. Buy the time he does go I bet we have at a minimum 4 official bids on the table.
                  In the scheme of it i agree, it's pittance, especially as the bottom club now gets circa £70m.... however, as per above, unless he repeats that goalscoring feat again, he cant rally be classed as an "x" goal a season striker as it is a reference that suggests consistency, ala a 20 goal a season striker.....meaning every season almost guaranteed.

Comment

I cant say that's not true, but this is a strange one, cos im really shocked that if four clubs will be going for him that one of the clubs isnt just steaming in and nicking him right now and preventing giving him a choice and a chance to lose him. This really is a strange transfer situation to my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      I cant say that's not true, but this is a strange one, cos im really shocked that if four clubs will be going for him that one of the clubs isnt just steaming in and nicking him right now and preventing giving him a choice and a chance to lose him. This really is a strange transfer situation to my head.
                      Agree kev or even 1 of them offer a premium on top of the £15 mill to guarantee exclusivity. (a couple of mill) Maybe teams dont rate him as highly as we do or maybe teams would rather chance it next year and get him for free. (and maybe Charlie would prefer that)

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Agree kev or even 1 of them offer a premium on top of the £15 mill to guarantee exclusivity. (a couple of mill) Maybe teams dont rate him as highly as we do or maybe teams would rather chance it next year and get him for free. (and maybe Charlie would prefer that)
                        IF he stays and IF we go up, then I see no reason for him WANTING to leave next season.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          IF he stays and IF we go up, then I see no reason for him WANTING to leave next season.
                          Mega money contract - he will get a ridiculous signing on fee (around £5 mill or something as the team will have saved £15 mill plus in transfer fees) plus double or treble what he's on which we wont offer now we are spending within our means, moving to an established prem team instead of one fighting relegation/maybe a team playing in europe, improve england chances. There are probably more I cant think of. But the key is this is only IF we go up which is a massive IF

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Mega money contract - he will get a ridiculous signing on fee (around £5 mill or something as the team will have saved £15 mill plus in transfer fees) plus double or treble what he's on which we wont offer now we are spending within our means, moving to an established prem team instead of one fighting relegation/maybe a team playing in europe, improve england chances. There are probably more I cant think of. But the key is this is only IF we go up which is a massive IF

Tend to agree mate. Best we could really hope for his keeping him until jan or next summer which would be absolutely amazing.

Comment

Charlie posted this morning on twitter....

"Not long till I'm back with @QPRFC off to Italy Thursday with the lads....."

Comment

Standard procedure before eventually leaves, I reckon. What else can he say? He is still a QPR player and a handsome one for that matter;)
                                Last edited by Shania; 07-07-2015, 07:01 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X