Ramsey talkSPORT interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    I kinda interpreted it as there is no way he is coming back. I'd like him back personally
    Possibly but why not just come out and day no instead of saying unlikely and he really bigged him up

If Barton don't have a club by start of season and he wages drop considerably I can see him back

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Possibly but why not just come out and day no instead of saying unlikely and he really bigged him up

If Barton don't have a club by start of season and he wages drop considerably I can see him back
      Not just wages. He's brought the club into disrepute with his twittering, so he'd have to promise to curb that too. I'd say that's partly the reason why he hasn't been offered a new deal with the club's new philosophy and code of conduct, again rasised at the recent meeting.

Comment

Does any manager ever say or ever said 'we are going up , we will go for it? Has clement said that after spending like he is ? It's a pressure no management team puts on themselves or their players . Bet anyone a pound that promotion is massively on all their minds , every one at the club as well

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Does any manager ever say or ever said 'we are going up , we will go for it? Has clement said that after spending like he is ? It's a pressure no management team puts on themselves or their players . Bet anyone a pound that promotion is massively on all their minds , every one at the club as well
          Spot on Kevin...Ramsey playing it perfectly. Taking all the pressure and expectations of us. Also playing a blinder with the FFP. Telling everyone we are restricted and makes it hard for us to do business. Clubs all of a sudden don't expect massive fees from us or the players ridiculous wages.

But we are a ambitious club with owners who ultimately have a model for prem league football. I for one still think we will bring In 4 or 5 more players who are of real quality for the championship too. I expect us to be right in the mix personally.

But am happy the club are doing things with a lower profile and expectations are being reigned in.

Comment

It's just really hard to sink it that the club are actually doing things so right for once aint it maids, but they actually are, and it's down to les imo

Comment

It's just really hard to sink it that the club are actually doing things so right for once aint it maids, but they actually are, and it's down to les imo
              Couldn't agree more mate. Don't understand the flack he gets from some of our fans tbh.

It's not a coincidence things have started to change since he was given the reins.

Comment

Spot on Kev!!!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The Harry lovers hate him.
                  Last edited by Shania; 05-07-2015, 07:49 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Stanley and others have rightly pointed out the challenge of FFP. Ramsay has confirmed what some of us have been saying, that we won't have fortunes to spend. Naturally the club wants promotion but there is a very strong link between how much you spend and your league position so if we are to go up it will mean punching above our weight rather than punching below it (which is what we have arguably done for several years now). Wanting and getting are two very different things...

Comment

Think there's also another side to it Mac , Hughs and Redknapp took QPR down the route that Fernandes wanted to go if he didn't run into financial troubles who knows what might be the outcome , Ferdinand has got the task of trying to rectify matters

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Stanley and others have rightly pointed out the challenge of FFP. Ramsay has confirmed what some of us have been saying, that we won't have fortunes to spend. Naturally the club wants promotion but there is a very strong link between how much you spend and your league position so if we are to go up it will mean punching above our weight rather than punching below it (which is what we have arguably done for several years now). Wanting and getting are two very different things...

The rules have been relaxed again mate and are no where near as strict as they have been. We have already slashed hundreds of thousands of our weekly wage bill and are selling prize assets at top end prices.

Qpr compared to most clubs in this league are in a fantastic position to go and spend some money. We can potentially generate 40 mill pounds worth sales. If we spend 10-15 mill of that we can assemble a very competitive team.

There are more clubs in the chpionship who would want to be our positions than not.

Ramsey and Les are just being smart and talking a very good game and saying the things you'd expect aanagrnt team to say. Don't take it all for gospel.

If ffp was a problem, sanctions would of already been made. So far none have and no one still knows what it could be though we genuinely have a immensely strong case.

With the players we are selling, the money saved on wages we can still be a spending force in championship terms compared to the rest.

Comment

I think we've done most of our spending, Luongo was his main target and we give Swindon 3.5million for Luongo and Gladwin. Polter 1million. In a dream world if you think we will splash out 6/7/8 million on a striker like Gayle, Rhodes etc. Loans, frees (Cole, Ravel) will probably be the way now until we sort our finances out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            I think we've done most of our spending, Luongo was his main target and we give Swindon 3.5million for Luongo and Gladwin. Polter 1million. In a dream world if you think we will splash out 6/7/8 million on a striker like Gayle, Rhodes etc. Loans, frees (Cole, Ravel) will probably be the way now until we sort our finances out.
                            Can't see ravel being free or it would be a very simple deal to be done I think. You might be right about a major striker mate though I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Still think we will spend another 7-12 mill.

If we are bringing in players like byrne, asomah, Morrison or another striker like gray that's a good 8 mill there alone.

We need to spend imo.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              If ffp was a problem, sanctions would of already been made.
                              I'm sorry but that is simply not true. I repeat my earlier post that people here are underestimating the ramifications; and again I refer back to our meeting with Les, Chris, and Ian Taylor, where we were told that the FFP case involving the club's lawyers could drag on for several months, or even up to a year.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                                The rules have been relaxed again mate and are no where near as strict as they have been. We have already slashed hundreds of thousands of our weekly wage bill and are selling prize assets at top end prices.

Qpr compared to most clubs in this league are in a fantastic position to go and spend some money. We can potentially generate 40 mill pounds worth sales. If we spend 10-15 mill of that we can assemble a very competitive team.

There are more clubs in the chpionship who would want to be our positions than not.

Ramsey and Les are just being smart and talking a very good game and saying the things you'd expect aanagrnt team to say. Don't take it all for gospel.

If ffp was a problem, sanctions would of already been made. So far none have and no one still knows what it could be though we genuinely have a immensely strong case.

With the players we are selling, the money saved on wages we can still be a spending force in championship terms compared to the rest.
                                But mate you forget that the cash injection that the directors had to sink in the club to bring our annual accounts almost into the black was more than £40. Excluding such cash injections the club was losing a lot more than £40m a year. This season we will have a lower wage bill but even with parachutte payments our relegation will have significantly reduced our income. The idea that we will spend circa 8/10m on a Rhodes or similar as some have suggested is just laughable imho - but we will find out in the next few weeks in any case.

Comment

Working...
                                X