Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR fan; Pete Doherty's Libertines r back with a new single - Is Doherty clean again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MerseyR View Post
    I thought Libertines were class at Glastonbury, in a way they reflect QPR, they spiral out of control and provide you with glimpses of quality. I understand there is plenty of baggage with Doherty, not condoning how he lives his life but their music his class, great lyrics and a Rs fan to boot. A dream Saturday would be to see the Rs win at home and then the Libertines at the Shepherds Bush Empire (yes I have low aspirations). I want my musicians to have an edge Jim Morrison, Hutchence (ok there dead), Bobby Gillespie, Shaun Ryder, Ian Brown, Tim Booth, Gallaghers. I cannot stand the plastic music of today, where are the bands to provide a soundtrack to today's generation? I was lucky to experience acid house, rave, Madchester (my favourite) and then Oasis/Blur/Pulp/Suede/Garbage/Sleeper etc
    Off to see the Charlatans in Manchester on Saturday, ok not an inspirational band but some great tracks and a band that hung on to the coat tails of Madchester, flourished and still going strong, even though Tim Burgess now looks like Andy Warhol. I cannot wait for Sproston Green.
    U Rs
    Lived close to this "dream Saturday" last year mate, unfortunately Rangers weren't at home so I had to do with just having a poke around the ground that morning and then went to The Libs at Alexandra Palace that night! Seeing them again next week
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRNW9 View Post
      Blimey, I didn't realised they played at Glastonbury this year! Thanks for the the heads up!
      Do you know when he bigs up the Rs in their Glasto set below?

Nice to see him in a QPR kit also in one of his vids

Not sure where it is mate, he always gives Rangers a shout though! They only filled in Florence & The Machine's spot as they were upgraded to headliners after Foo Fighters pulled out!
      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

he looked his usual wasted self at Glasto. What a leg.

Comment

Tidying my loft the other day, I found a copy of the QPR fanzine he did and I bourght from him (I assume !) before a Home game, before he was known with The Libertines. It was called 'All Quiet On The Western Avenue'. I'm sure I bourght 2 editions but could only find the 1st one.

I wonder if it's worth much ? Should have got him to sign it, in hindsight.....

Comment

Never ever picked up a copy of that fanzine, gutted cos I love them, kick up the R's was a brilliant read

Comment

Massive fan of The Libertines/Babyshambles, Pete's a bit messed up but he loves QPR. Even stuck the line "She knows her Rodney's from her Stanley's" in one of his songs, a nice little nod to two QPR legends.

Comment

Let's not forget that Pete inspired The Others to pen this little ditty named after our finest player…

Comment

Good lad Is Pete, proper QPR, has his demons of course, but The Libertines are class and he's an R so he's Alright by me
                  From the Hills of Kerry
                  To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Also, Broken Love song off his solo record contains the lyrics: "Through my cell window, hear the Loft boys sing: "Come on you R's", carried on the wind"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Never ever picked up a copy of that fanzine, gutted cos I love them, kick up the R's was a brilliant read
                      I'm the same, would love that fanzine

Comment

Apparently he's been clean since January when he was released from a thai rehab clinic. But there's no doubting what team he supports:

Comment

Think this article really shows just how big a fan he is, talks about All Quiet On The Western Avenue etc too! Well worth a read. http://www.theguardian.com/music/2005/oct/25/popandrock

Comment

Saw The Libertines in Dublin last night, wore the 1984 shirt and brought a massive Rangers flag and Pete was loving it!!

Comment

Working...
                            X